Presidente Castro Pinto International Airport
|Presidente Castro Pinto International Airport
Aeroporto Internacional Presidente Castro Pinto
|IATA: JPA – ICAO: SBJP|
|Elevation AMSL||66 m / 215 ft|
|Metric tonnes of cargo||3,044|
Sources: Airport Website, ANAC
Presidente Castro Pinto International Airport (IATA: JPA, ICAO: SBJP) is the airport serving João Pessoa, Brazil located in the adjoining municipality of Bayeux. The airport is named after João Pereira de Castro Pinto (1863-1944), a lawyer, writer and former Governor of the State of Paraíba.
It is operated by Infraero.
The airport was officially opened on August 20, 1957 and since February 1, 1979 it is administrated by Infraero.
Between 1980 and 1981 Infraero conducted major renovations and enlargements of the runway, taxiways and apron. In 1983 a cargo terminal was opened. In 1985 the new passenger terminal was opened and in 1995 it underwent renovations and enlargements.
Airlines and destinations
The airport is located 12 km (7 mi) from downtown João Pessoa.
- "Movimento operacional da rede Infraero de janeiro a dezembro de 2013" (in Portuguese). Infraero. 2 February 2014. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- "Airport Official Website" (in Portuguese). Infraero.
- "Lista de aeródromos públicos" (in Portuguese). ANAC.
- Airport information for SBJP at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for SBJP at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- Current weather for SBJP at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for JPA at Aviation Safety Network