|This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the Portuguese Wikipedia. (February 2011)|
|The Municipality of
|[[File:</gallery>|250px|none|alt=|From the top, left to right: Parque Aquático da Cidade da Criança (Municipal Water Park), San Sebastian Cathedral, Night view of San Sebastian Cathedral and part of downtown, partial view of People's Park, Stadium "José Eduardo Farah" - "Prudentão", and one of the squares in the People's Park.]]From the top, left to right: Parque Aquático da Cidade da Criança (Municipal Water Park), San Sebastian Cathedral, Night view of San Sebastian Cathedral and part of downtown, partial view of People's Park, Stadium "José Eduardo Farah" - "Prudentão", and one of the squares in the People's Park.|
|• Mayor||Milton Carlos Mello|
|• Total||562.8 km2 (217.3 sq mi)|
|Elevation||475 m (1,558 ft)|
|• Density||368.62/km2 (954.7/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC-3 (UTC-3)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-2 (UTC-2)|
|Area code(s)||+55 (18)|
|Website||Prefecture of Presidente Prudente|
|HDI (2000) 0.846 – high|
Presidente Prudente is a city (município) in the state of São Paulo, Brazil. The city has a population of 207,625 inhabitants (IBGE/2010) and area of 562.8 km². The city is named after president Prudente de Morais. Prudente is located 558 km from the city of São Paulo.
Presidente Prudente is considered the sixth best city in the state of São Paulo to live in. Among 5,560 Brazilian cities, it occupies the 29th place for most promising cities to build a career. People from Presidente Prudente are very receptive and friendly.
Presidente Prudente was founded in 1917.
- Total Population: 207,625 (IBGE/2010)
- Literacy rate: 98%
- Human Development Index: 0.846
- Regional Population: 806,954 inhabitants.
The city is known as much for its hot temperatures in summer, when the heat index sometimes exceeds 40°C (104°F, in the months of October through February (from spring to summer). However, cold weather prevails in winter, as -1.8°C was recorded in 1975 and 0°C in 2000.
Prudente has 130 schools and 3 universities that together have more than 80 thousand students. It also has integrated colleges like Toledo, SESI and SENAI with more than 110 undergraduate courses.
- University of western São Paulo - UNOESTE 
- São Paulo State University - UNESP 
- Union of Colleges - UNIESP 
- Toledo Integrated Colleges
Presidente Prudente has more than 15 hospitals, a Teaching Hospital, Santa Casa (Sisters of Mercy), 20 establishments of health service, and more than 11 private clinics.
Leisure & Culture
The city of Presidente Prudente has theaters, 13 social clubs, like the Eduardo José Farah's Stadium (with the largest capacity in the interior of Brazil - 65,000 people) and the "Rancho Quarto de Milha" is the largest indoor arena in Latin America.
Presidente Prudente has scheduled air connections to and from Presidente Prudente Airport.
- Camilo Sanvezzo, footballer
- "Population at "Censo 2010" - IBGE" (in Portuguese). IBGE.gov.br. Retrieved 29 Jul 2011.
- "Distances between cities". DNIT.gov.br. Retrieved 29 July 2011.
- http://www.fct.unesp.br/ UNESP Presidente Prudente
- http://www.hospital.unoeste.br/novo/fotos/?album=arquivos/Visao Externa
- "Municipal Profile at SEADE - Search" (in Portuguese). SEADE.gov.br. Retrieved 29 July 2011.
- http://www.presidenteprudente.sp.gov.br/ Official Site of the Prefecture (in Portuguese).
- UNESP University (in Portuguese).
- Satellite photo of Presidente Prudente. Google Maps.
- Unoeste University (in Portuguese).
- http://www.defesacivil.sp.gov.br/novo/index.asp (in Portuguese).