Presidential Security Group
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2008)|
|Presidential Security Group|
Coat of Arms of the PSG
|Active||March 6, 1897 - Present|
|Role||VIP Security, Presidential Protection Service|
|Size||1 Brigade/Regiment, 3 Battalions. Total is 4000+ soldiers, police, coast guard and civilian personnel|
|Part of||Under the Office of the President|
|Garrison/HQ||Malacañang Palace, Manila|
|Nickname||The President's Guards,PSG, Presidential Guards, Filipino Secret Service|
|Motto||Integrity, Service, Excellence|
|Decorations||Presidential Streamer Award, Philippine Republic Presidential Unit Citation Badge|
|Capt Raul Ubando (GSC) PN|
|Maj Geronimo Gatmaitan PA,LGen Jose Calimlim AFP, BGen Delfin Bangit AFP,Col Rodolfo Diaz PA, Col Hermogenes Esperon Jr. PA, Col Glen Rabonza PA, Col Voltaire T. Gazmin PA|
|Unit Patch||PSG Badge|
The Presidential Security Group (PSG) is the lead agency tasked in providing security to the President of the Philippines, Vice President of the Philippines, and their immediate families. The PSG is stationed at the Malacañan Palace, the official residence of the President. Members of the PSG also accompanies the President when he visits different parts of the Philippines and overseas.
|This section requires expansion. (October 2013)|
The role of the PSG is to provide protective security to the following:
- The President and Vice President of the Philippines and their immediate families.
- Former presidents and their immediate families.
- Former vice presidents and their immediate families.
- Malacañang Palace.
- Cabinet members and Malacañang officials
- Visiting heads of states or diplomats and their families travelling with them.
The Presidential Security Group also have other functions. The PSG provides support to other government agencies. They assist the AFP and PNP in its anti-organized-crime undertakings. This is usually authorized by the Office of the President. They also conduct Community Service efforts to local communities and maintain and secure all facilities and transportation assets used by the Office of the President and Vice President in doing its regular and non-regular functions.
- Presidential Escorts
- Presidential Guards
- Headquarters & Headquarters Service Battalion
- Security Battalion
- Special Reaction Unit / K9 Unit
- PSG Station Hospital
- PSG Dental Dispensary
- Presidential Intelligence Company
- PSG Training School
OPERATIONALLY CONTROLLED UNITS
- 11th Mechanized Infantry Company
- Presidential Protection Unit
- Manila Police District Field Force
- Special Action Force
- 250th Presidential Airlift Wing
- Malacañang Fire Station
- 93rd Marine Security Company
- AT-25 BRP Ang Pagasa
- CGS Pasig
- 1st Provisional Company
- Presidential Computer and Communication Battalion
- 710th Special Operations Wing
- 5th EOD Detachment..