Philippine Republic Presidential Unit Citation
|Philippine Republic Presidential Unit Citation
(ribbon with gold frame)
Similar to the Barangay PRPUCB.
|Awarded by The Republic of the Philippines|
|Eligibility||Military Personnel and Police Personnel|
|Awarded for||Extraordinary meritorious service|
|Description||Is a ribbon bar consisting of equal portions starting from the left side, of blue, white, and red encased in a gold colored frame decorated with laurel leaves.|
|Established||September 14, 1946|
|Next (higher)||Philippine Liberation Medal|
|Next (lower)||Long Service Medal|
|Related||Presidential Unit Citation (US), Presidential Unit Citation|
The Philippine Presidential Unit Citationis a unit decoration of the Republic of the Philippines. It has been awarded to certain units of the United States military and the Philippine Commonwealth military for actions both during and subsequent to the Second World War.
The Philippine Presidential Unit Citation was established by Headquarters, Philippine National Defense Forces, on September 14, 1946, to be awarded for extraordinary meritorious service during World War II. The award is made in the name of the President of the Republic of the Philippines.
World War II
All US military unit and naval vessels that earned any of the Philippine service stars and certain submarines which maintained physical contact with guerrilla forces during the Japanese occupation of the Philippine Islands during World War II are entitled to the award:
- For service in defense of the Philippines from December 7, 1941 to May 10, 1942
- For service in the liberation of the Philippines from October 17, 1944 to July 4, 1945
Disaster relief operations
The Philippine Presidential Unit Citation for disaster relief operations was bestowed to:
- The Philippine military and the U.S. Navy Disaster Task Force (September 1 to December 14, 1970) and Navy and Marine Corps Units of Joint U.S. Military Advisory Group, Philippines Amphibious Ready Group Alpha (October 21-26, 1970) for relief efforts during several natural disasters which occurred in the Philippines during August 1 to December 15, 1970 (a series of typhoons) and from July 21 to August 15, 1972 (monsoon rains and associated floods).
- The U.S. Naval Hospital, Subic Bay for the period of August 1, 1987 to November 30, 1991 and
- The USS Sterett (CG-31) for the period of May 1989 to June 1999.
- Joint Task Force 510 and Joint Special Operations Task Force-Philippines in February 2005, by President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo to members of the two units serving between 31 January 2002 and 31 July 2002 in support of RP-US Exercise Balikatan 02-1 in Southern Mindanao. JTF-510/JSOTF-Philippines aimed at reducing the threats of terrorism and provided assistance with training, socio-economic activities and civil engineering projects, particularly in Basilan and Zamboanga City (Ref: RP General Order No. 146, dated 2 Feb 05, Subj: Award of the Philippine Republic Presidential Unit Citation Badge).
- Awards and decorations of the Armed Forces of the Philippines
- Presidential Unit Citation (United States)
- Presidential Unit Citation (Vietnam)
- Republic of Korea Presidential Unit Citation
- The AFP Adjutant General, Awards and Decorations Handbook, 1997, OTAG, p. 65.
- The AFP Adjutant General, Awards and Decorations Handbook, 1995, 1997, OTAG.
- Decorations and Medals of the Philippines
-  Navy and Marine Corps Awards Manual
-  Secretary of the Navy Instruction for awards
- Institute of Heraldry Philippine Presidential Unit Citation
|This article related to orders, decorations, and medals is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|