In the 16th century the Morrison family owned the Prestongrange lands. Their name survives in the present-day Morrison's Haven, the harbour of Prestongrange.
In the early 17th century, Mark Ker took possession of the lands from the abbey, and after the Grant Suttie family took over, the Prestongrange Colliery was no longer productive and fell into disuse.
In 1830, Sir George Grant Suttie leased Prestongrange Colliery to Matthias Dunn, the Inspector of Mines.
- Prestongrange Industrial Heritage Museum
- Prestongrange House, now the headquarters of the Royal Musselburgh Golf Club
- Prestongrange Parish Church
- William Grant, Lord Prestongrange
- List of places in East Lothian
- Prestongrange House, by Sonia Baker
- Prestoungrange Online website
- Prestongrange Community Archaeology Project
- Prestongrange Parish Church website
- Prestongrange Bowling & Social Club website