From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up pretender in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A pretender is a claimant to an abolished throne or to a throne already occupied by somebody else. In English, the term is commonly used for two notable claimants to the British throne:
- James Francis Edward Stuart (1688–1766), "The Old Pretender"
- Charles Edward Stuart (1720–1788), "The Young Pretender"
Pretender or The Pretender may also refer to:
Film and television
- The Pretender (film), a 1947 American crime film
- The Pretender (TV series), a 1996–2000 American television series
- "The Pretender" (Code Lyoko), an episode of Code Lyoko
- The Pretender (Animorphs), a novel by K. A. Applegate
- Pretender, a novel set in the Foreigner universe, by C. J. Cherryh
- The Pretender, a novel by Lion Feuchtwanger
- The Pretender: A Story of the Latin Quarter, a novel by Robert W. Service
- The Pretender: Rebirth, a first of many novels by Steven Long Mitchell & Craig W. Van Sickle based on cult television show The Pretender
- The Pretender (album), a 1976 album by Jackson Browne
- "The Pretender" (Jackson Browne song), a song from the album
- "The Pretender" (Foo Fighters song)
- "The Pretender", a song by Datarock from Red
- Pretender (Transformers), a subline of the Transformers toy line
- Pretender (horse), a Thoroughbred racehorse, the winner of the 1869 Epsom Derby
- Pretender (game), see http://friv.com/, then find Pretender part 1, 2, 3.
- Pretending (disambiguation)
- Pretenders (disambiguation)
- The Great Pretender (disambiguation)
- Antipope, a pretender to the papacy
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.