|Studio album by Willie Nelson|
|Genre||Christmas music, Country|
|Producer||Booker T. Jones|
|Willie Nelson chronology|
Pretty Paper is a 1979 Christmas album recorded by country singer Willie Nelson. His title track had also been a hit Christmas song in 1963, when it was recorded by Roy Orbison. It was his last release in the 1970s.
While Willie Nelson was still getting his career started, he had a writing contract, and wrote the Christmas song "Pretty Paper", which Roy Orbison recorded. That release climbed to #15 on the US charts in 1963.
Willie Nelson released his own version of "Pretty Paper" as a single in 1964. Sixteen years later, Willie Nelson re-recorded the song and made it the title track on his own Christmas album.
Chris Isaak covered the song in 2004.
Track listing of 1979 Willie Nelson Album
- "White Christmas" (I. Berlin) - 2:44
- "Winter Wonderland" (F. Bernard/D. Smith) - 2:24
- "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" (J. Marks) - 2:10
- "Jingle Bells" (Trad. Arr. Willie Nelson) - 2:08
- "Here Comes Santa Claus" (G. Autry/O. Haldeman) - 1:52
- "Blue Christmas" (B. Hayes/J. Johnson) - 2:36
- "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town" (J. F. Coots/H. Gillespie) - 2:10
- "Frosty the Snowman" (S. Nelson/J. Rollins) - 2:23
- "Silent Night" (Mohr/Gruber, Arr. Willie Nelson) - 3:42
- "Little Town of Bethlehem" (Trad. Arr. Willie Nelson) - 1:27
- "Christmas Blues (Instrumental)" (Willie Nelson/Booker T. Jones) - 3:12
- "Pretty Paper" (Willie Nelson) - 2:22
- Willie Nelson – Vocals, guitar
- Paul English – Drums
- Chris Ethridge – Bass
- Bradley Hartman – Engineer
- Booker T. Jones – Arranger, Keyboards
- Rex Ludwick – Drums
- Jody Payne – Guitar
- Mickey Raphael – Harmonica
- Bee Spears – Bass
|This 1970s country music album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|