Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Alex de Renzy|
|Running time||91 minutes|
Pretty Peaches is a 1978 American pornographic comedy film directed by Alex de Renzy that is considered one of the outstanding films of the Golden Age of Porn. The film stars Desireé Cousteau as Peaches, described as "a daffy carefree female who cheerfully plunges through life without any worries." In the film, she has a car accident after attending the wedding of her father (John Leslie) and is rendered unconscious. Two guys find her and take advantage of her; then offer to help her when it becomes apparent that she has amnesia. Peaches resolves to keep smiling through all the silly schemes and circumstances the guys come up with.
While the film features sexual violence, including lesbian rape and a forced enema in a public rest-room – a sequence that was excised from most video releases – the film's tongue-in-cheek attitude keeps it up-beat. The Astronics/Telecine, Ltd. VHS release of the film is un-cut with the forced enema scene intact. Cousteau received the Adult Film Association of America Best Actress award in 1978 for her performance in the movie. The film is considered one of director de Renzy's best.
The success of the film spawned two sequels, both directed by de Renzy: Pretty Peaches 2 (1988) and Pretty Peaches and the Quest (1991) with Siobhan Hunter and Keisha in the title role of the 1988 and 1991 films, respectively.
- "PRETTY PEACHES (Alex de Renzy, 1978) (NSFW)". Vimeo.com.
- Pretty Peaches plot summary derived from information at www.gamelinkk.com
- "All-American Deep-Dish Comedy: PRETTY PEACHES (1978)". The Exploding Kinetoscope. Retrieved 27 September 2013.
- "All-American Deep-Dish Comedy: PRETTY PEACHES (1978)". Retrieved 28 September 2013.
- "Silver Spoonfuls: A Star Is Porn," High Society magazine, November 1979, pp. 8-9.
- Jules Griffon, "The Third Annual Erotica Awards", Adam Film World, Vol. 7, No. 8, January 1980, pp. 24–27.