Pretty Tied Up
|"Pretty Tied Up"|
"Pretty Tied Up" cover
|Promotional single by Guns N' Roses from the album Use Your Illusion II|
|Recorded||1990-1991 at A&M Studios
Record Plant Studios
Metalworks Recording Studios
|Genre||Hard rock, heavy metal|
Guns N' Roses
"Pretty Tied Up" (subtitled "The Perils of Rock n Roll Decadence") is a song by the rock band Guns N' Roses. Written by rhythm guitarist Izzy Stradlin, it appears on the band's 1991 album Use Your Illusion II. The song opens with the sounds of a coral sitar played by Stradlin.
My Mexican friend Tony took me to meet this woman named Margot at her house. She gave us some tequila or something and she goes in the bedroom and we walk in and there's this big fat naked guy with an onion in his mouth. He's wearing women's underwear and high heels and he's tied up with duct tape against the wall. Me and Tony were like, What the fuck is going on here? Cracking up laughing. She was this dominatrix chick.
Slash has stated that the song was written one night at Stradlin's house, before the band went to Chicago to write. According to Slash, Stradlin was so high on heroin that night that he made a sitar out of a cymbal, a broomstick and some strings, thus serving as the inspiration for the sitar heard at the beginning of the track.
- Axl Rose – lead vocals, production
- Izzy Stradlin – rhythm guitar, backing vocals, sitar, production
- Slash – lead guitar, production
- Duff McKagan – bass, backing vocals, production
- Dizzy Reed – piano, production
- Matt Sorum – drums, production
- "1992 - Musician". Chopaway.com. Retrieved 19 October 2010.
- Bozza, Anthony, & Slash (2007). Slash. Harper Entertainment: New York. p. 258