Pride and Prejudice (1980 TV series)
|Pride and Prejudice|
|Country of origin||UK|
|No. of episodes||5|
|Running time||55 minutes (per episode)|
|Picture format||PAL 576i|
|Original airing||January 13, 1980|
- Elizabeth Garvie as Elizabeth Bennet
- David Rintoul as Fitzwilliam Darcy
- Peter Settelen as George Wickham
- Priscilla Morgan as Mrs. Bennet
- Moray Watson as Mr. Bennet
- Sabina Franklyn as Jane Bennet
- Natalie Ogle as Lydia Bennet
- Tessa Peake-Jones as Mary Bennet
- Clare Higgins as Kitty Bennet
- Osmund Bullock as Charles Bingley
- Marsha Fitzalan as Caroline Bingley
- Jennifer Granville as Mrs. Hurst
- Edward Arthur as Mr. Hurst
- Irene Richard as Charlotte Lucas
- Malcolm Rennie as Mr. Collins
- Elizabeth Stewart as Lady Lucas
- Peter Howell as Sir William Lucas
- Judy Parfitt as Lady Catherine de Bourgh
- Moir Leslie as Anne de Bourgh
- Emma Jacobs as Georgiana Darcy
- Desmond Adams as Colonel Fitzwilliam
- Shirley Cain as Mrs. Phillips
- Barbara Shelley as Mrs. Gardiner
- Michael Lees as Mr. Gardiner
13 Jan. 1980 Episode #1.1 When Mr. Bingley comes to live in the neighborhood, Mrs. Bennet considers him the rightful property of one of her five unmarried daughters.
20 Jan. 1980 Episode #1.2 Mr. Collins, who will in time inherit Longbourn, seeks a reconciliation with the Bennet family. He intends to choose one of the girls for a wife.
27 Jan. 1980 Episode #1.3 Mr. Bingley's abrupt departure to London has hurt Jane deeply and Elizabeth is convinced the disagreeable Mr. Darcy was to blame as surely as he was for the misfortunes of Mr. Wickham.
3 Feb. 1980 Episode #1.4 Elizabeth found the manner of Mr. Darcy's proposal insulting and unworthy of a gentleman, but now that she has learned the truth about Wickham, she grows ashamed of her former prejudice.
10 Feb. 1980 Episode #1.5 Elizabeth has visited Pemberley and met Mr. Darcy again. Knowing now that her first impressions were unjustified, she has begun to regret lost opportunities.