Prime Bank (Kenya)
|Key people||R.C. Kantaria
Chief Executive Officer
|Products||Loans, Checking, Savings, Investments, Debit Cards|
|Revenue||Aftertax:US$9.96 million (KES:834.4 million) (2012)|
|Total assets||US$518.74+ million (KES:43.5 billion) (2012)|
Prime Bank (Kenya) Limited (PBKL), commonly known as Prime Bank Kenya, but also referred to as Prime Bank (Kenya), is a commercial bank in Kenya. It is one of the forty-four (44) licensed commercial banks in the country.
The bank is a medium-sized retail bank that caters to both individuals and corporate clients. As of December 2012[update], the bank's total asset base was estimated at approximately US$518.74 million (KES:43.5 billion), with shareholders' equity of about US$50 million (KES:4.175 billion).
The bank has three subsidiaries:
- Prime Capital & Credit Limited (PCCL) – Based in Nairobi, Kenya is owned 100% by Prime Bank (Kenya).
- First Merchant Bank – A retail bank based in Blantyre, Malawi – Prime Bank (Kenya) has a 22.48% shareholding in First Merchant Bank. 11.24% is held directly by PBKL while the remaining 11.24% is held through its 100% subsidiary, PCCL.
- Capital Bank – A commercial bank based in Gaborone, Botswana, is 51% owned by First Merchant Bank of Malawi, in which Prime Bank (Kenya) has 22.48% shareholding. Therefore Prime Bank (Kenya) owns 11.46% of Capital Bank of Botswana.
The stock of the bank is privately held. The detailed shareholding in Prime Bank (Kenya) is not publicly known.
R. C. Kantaria, a non-executive director of the bank, serves as the Chairman of the seven-member board of directors. Bharat Jani is the chief executive officer of Prime Bank (Kenya).
- Website of Prime Bank (Kenya)
- Website of Central Bank of Kenya
- Rankings of Kenyan Commercial Banks By Assets 2009
- List of Mergers Among Kenyan Commercial Banks Since 1989