Prime Minister of Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Prime Minister of Ireland or First Minister of Ireland may refer to:
In the country named Ireland, a republic which covers four-fifths of the island named Ireland:
- The Taoiseach is the head of government, sometimes translated into English as "Prime Minister" or "First Minister"
In Northern Ireland, part of the United Kingdom:
- Prime Minister of Northern Ireland, appointed by the Lord Lieutenant of Norther Ireland
- The First Minister and deputy First Minister are the joint heads of the Northern Irish Assembly
- The Prime Minister of the United Kingdom is the head of the United Kingdom government
In united Ireland:
- President of the Executive Council of the Irish Free State, was the prime minister of the Irish Free State
- Chief Secretary for Ireland, was the chief minister of Ireland prior to the Irish Free State, while under British rule
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.