From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up primer in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Primer may refer to:
- Primer (cosmetics), a cream or lotion applied before another cosmetic to improve coverage and lengthen the amount of time the cosmetic lasts on the face
- Primer (firearm), such as the Berdan or Boxer primer; the percussion cap for centerfire ammunition
- Primer (gasoline engine), a device on some petrol engines used to prime the engine with gasoline before starting it
- Primer (molecular biology), a nucleic acid strand (or related molecule) that serves as a starting point for DNA replication
- Primer (paint), a coating applied to a surface to prepare it for paint or another coating or adhesive
- Primer (textbook), a textbook used in primary education to teach the alphabet and other basic subjects
- Book of hours, a medieval illuminated manuscript
- Explosive primer, a small explosive device also known as a blasting cap
- Great primer, a font size of 18 points
- Primer-E Primer, software for statistical analysis of ecological data
- Trap primer, a plumbing device or valve that adds water to traps
Music, film and arts
- Primer (album), a 1995 music album by the musical group Rockapella
- Primer (film), a 2004 feature film written and directed by Shane Carruth
- Primer (video), a home documentary about the funk band Living Colour
- The New England Primer (1688), a colonial American/Puritan primer with morality-themed rhymes
- Primer 55, an American Alternative metal band
- "The Primer", a song from the 2005 album Alaska by Between the Buried and Me
- Premier (disambiguation)
- All pages with titles containing "Primer"
- All pages beginning with "Primer"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Primer.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.