Plymouth Routines In Multivariate Ecological Research version six (PRIMER 6). PRIMER 6 is a collection of specialist routines for analyzing species or sample abundance(biomass). It is primarily used in the scientific community for ecological and environmental studies.
Multivariate routines include:
- grouping (CLUSTER)
- sorting (MDS)
- principal component identification (PCA)
- hypothesis testing (ANOSIM)
- sample discrimination (SIMPER)
- trend correlation (BEST)
- comparisons (RELATE)
- diversity, dominance, and distribution calculating
- Permutational multivariate analysis of variance (PERMANOVA)
Routines can be resource intensive due to their non-parametric and permutation-based nature. Programed in the VB.Net environment. licensing ranges from £560 to £144 per copy.