Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series
|Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series|
|Awarded for||Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series|
|Presented by||Academy of Television Arts & Sciences|
|Currently held by||Bryan Cranston,
Breaking Bad (2014)
This is a list of the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series winners. Beginning with the 18th Emmys leading actors in drama have competed alone. However, these dramatic performances included actors from miniseries, telefilms, and guest performers competing against main cast competitors. Such instances are marked below.
- # – Indicates a performance in a Miniseries or Telefilm, prior to the category's creation.
- § – Indicates a performance as a guest performer, prior to the category's creation.
Award winners and nominations
- Early Emmy ceremonies did not have genre specific acting categories
- "Boone, Mike. "The Emmy List: Here's the Best in Television". The Montreal Gazette. Retrieved July 18, 2014.
- Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Television Series Drama
- Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series