Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
|Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series|
|Awarded for||Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series|
|Presented by||Academy of Television Arts & Sciences|
|Currently held by||Aaron Paul,
Breaking Bad (2014)
This is a list of the winners and nominees of the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series. In early Emmy ceremonies, the supporting categories were not always genre, or even gender, specific. Beginning with the 22nd Emmys supporting actors in drama have competed alone. However, these dramatic performances often included actors from miniseries, telefilms, and guest performers competing against main cast competitors. Such instances are marked below.
- # – Indicates a performance in a Miniseries or Telefilm, prior to the category's creation.
- § – Indicates a performance as a guest performer, prior to the category's creation.
- Michael Conrad (consecutive)
- Larry Drake (consecutive)
- Stuart Margolin (consecutive)
- Ray Walston (consecutive)
- Early Emmy ceremonies did not have genre specific acting categories
- Since the separation of the category into Drama and Comedy, Aaron Paul is the only actor to have won three times
- Jonathan Banks is the only actor with nominations as a main cast member for two different shows in this category