Prince Charles-Antoine Lamoral of Ligne-La Trémoïlle
Prince Charles-Antoine Marie Louis Eugène Lamoral of Ligne-La Trémoïlle (born 30 September 1946) is a Belgian French aristocrat and businessman, member of one of the most prestigious families of the Belgian nobility, the House of Ligne. He co-founded a company, with Christopher Harriman, LAREX Corporation, that promoted high-speed elevated transit and urban development, with environmental enhancement along the 35 miles of riverfront of the Los Angeles River corridor, including a possible high-speed train from San Francisco to San Diego. The train is now under construction beginning in San Diego.
Charles-Antoine was born in Boulogne-sur-Mer, France, in 1946. He studied law at the Institut Catholique de Paris and hotel administration and management at Cornell University. He is the son of the late Jean Charles, Prince de Ligne de La Trémoïlle and Maria del Rosario de Lambertye-Gerbéviller.
He is third cousin once removed of Michel, head of the House of Ligne through their shared descent from Eugène, 8th Prince of Ligne. Like all members of the Ligne family, he holds the title of prince in the Belgian nobility and the style of Highness.
His branch of the Ligne family are heirs in the female line of the House of La Trémoïlle, which held the rare rank of prince étranger during France's ancien régime, as pretenders to the crown of Naples. He is also a potential claimant to the Kingdom of Jerusalem, via the House of Brienne and as heir-general of Amadeus IX of Savoy; together with Juan Carlos I, Louis Alphonse, Duke of Anjou, Victor Emmanuel, Prince of Naples, Karl von Habsburg, Infante Carlos, Duke of Calabria, Prince Carlo, Duke of Castro, and Patrick Guinness. He is also a potential claimant to the Kingdom of Cyprus and the Armenian Kingdom of Cilicia.
Marriage and children
He married, firstly, Lady Moira Beatrice Forbes, daughter of Arthur Forbes, 9th Earl of Granard and Marie Madeleine de Faucigny-Lucinge (descendant through an illegitimate branch of Charles X of France), on 7 October 1971 and were divorced in 1975.
- HH Prince Edouard Lamoral Rodolphe de Ligne (b. Paris, 27 September 1976) who married civilly on 2 September 2009 and religiously on 5 September 2009, Italian actress Isabella Orsini. They have two children:
- HH Princess Althea Isabelle Sophie Orsini de Ligne de la Trémoïlle (b. Rome, 12 May 2010)
- HH Princess Athénaïs Allegra Isabella de Ligne de la Trémoïlle (b. 9 May 2014)
- HH Prince Charles Joseph Malcolm de Ligne (b. Paris, 25 February 1980) who married Ran Li  on 20 November 2010. They had a son:
- HH Prince Amadeo Joseph Gabriel de Ligne (b. Paris, 12 June 2012)
|Ancestors of Prince Charles-Antoine Lamoral of Ligne-La Trémoïlle|
- Gladstone, Mark; Colvin, Richard Lee (29 September 1992). "Wilson Vetoes L.A. River Parkway Bill Legislation". Los Angeles Times.
- Gladstone, Mark (28 June 1993). "Obscure Prince Lobbies for Quixotic State Rail Plan". Los Angeles Times.
- Genealogishes Handbuch des Adels: Furstliche Hauser Band XIV. Limburg an der Lahn, Germany: C.A. Starke Verlag. 1991. pp. 495, 498–499. ISBN 3-7980-0700-4.
- Abraham, Tamara (12 May 2011). "Mirror mirror: The striking similarity between Kate's Royal Wedding dress and the gown worn by Berlusconi's princess goddaughter (but who is the fairest of them all?)". Daily Mail (London).
- http://www.lavenir.net/article/detail.aspx?articleid=39178480. Missing or empty
- http://www.lavenir.net/article/detail.aspx?articleid=39198586. Missing or empty
Prince Charles-Antoine Lamoral of Ligne-La TrémoïlleBorn: 30 September 1946
Louis de Ligne
|Line of succession to head of the House of Ligne
Edouard de Ligne
|Titles in pretence|
Jean Charles de Ligne
|— TITULAR —
King of Jerusalem
9 July 2005 – present
Reason for succession failure:
Kingdom of Jerusalem fell in 1291
Edouard de Ligne