Prince Eduard of Saxe-Altenburg
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the German Wikipedia. (September 2012)|
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|Spouse||Princess Amalie of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen
Luise Caroline Reuss of Greiz
|Issue||Therese Amalie, Duchess of Dalarna
Antoinette, Duchess of Anhalt
Prince Ludwig Joseph
Prince Johann Friedrich
Marie Gasparine, Princess of Schwarzburg-Sondershausen
|House||House of Wettin|
|Father||Frederick, Duke of Saxe-Altenburg|
|Mother||Duchess Charlotte Georgine of Mecklenburg-Strelitz|
3 July 1804|
|Died||16 May 1852
He was the seventh but fourth surviving son of Frederick, Duke of Saxe-Hildburghausen (of Saxe-Altenburg from 1826) and Duchess Charlotte Georgine of Mecklenburg-Strelitz.
Marriages and issue
- Therese Amalie Karoline Josephine Antoinette (b. Ansbach, 21 December 1836 - d. Stockholm, 9 November 1914), married on 16 April 1864 to Prince August of Sweden.
- Antoinette Charlotte Marie Josephine Karoline Frida (b. Bamberg, 17 April 1838 - d. Berchtesgaden, 13 October 1908), married on 22 April 1854 to Frederick I, Duke of Anhalt.
- Ludwig Joseph Karl Georg Friedrich (b. Bamberg, 24 September 1839 - d. Munich, 13 February 1844).
- Johann Friedrich Joseph Karl (b. Sigmaringen, 8 January 1841 - d. Munich, 25 February 1844).
- Albert Heinrich Joseph Carl Viktor Georg Friedrich (b. Munich, 14 April 1843 - d. Serrahn, 22 May 1902). He married first Princess Marie of Prussia and secondly Duchess Helene of Mecklenburg-Strelitz.
- Marie Gasparine Amalie Antoinette Karoline Elisabeth Luise (b. Munich, 28 June 1845 - d. Sondershausen, 5 July 1930), married on 12 June 1869 to Charles Gonthier, Prince of Schwarzburg-Sondershausen.