Prince Felix of Denmark
As of July 2014, Prince Felix is eighth in the line of succession to the Danish throne.
Prince Felix was born at Rigshospitalet (Copenhagen University Hospital) on 22 July 2002. When his father met the press following the birth, he joked that the baby could be named anything from Ib to Nebukadnesar.
He was christened in Møgeltønder Church in Møgeltønder on 4 October 2002 by the royal vicar Christian Thodberg. His names were revealed to be Felix Henrik Valdemar Christian. His godparents are his maternal aunt, Martina Bent; and friends of his parents: Count Christian Ahlefeldt-Laurvig, Oscar Davidsen Siesbye, Damian Sibley and Annick Boel. At the christening the musical work Dåbens Pagt composed by Frederik Magle, dedicated to Prince Felix, was given its first performance.
After their divorce, Prince Joachim and Alexandra have joint custody of Prince Felix and his older brother Prince Nikolai. Prince Felix attended pre-school at the Garnison Church in Copenhagen, and at age six, followed in the footsteps of his father, brother and uncle at Krebs School in Østerbro.
Titles and styles
Felix is styled as "His Highness Prince Felix of Denmark, Count of Monpezat". He has been Prince of Denmark since birth and Count of Monpezat since 29 April 2008, when Queen Margrethe granted the title to her male-line descendants.
Honours and decorations
- 11 June 2009: Commemorative 75th Birthday Medal of His Royal Highness The Prince Consort
- 16 April 2010: Commemorative 70th Birthday Medal of Her Majesty The Queen
- 14 January 2012: Commemorative Ruby Jubilee Medal of Her Majesty The Queen
|Ancestors of Prince Felix of Denmark|
- Nyfødt prins er nummer fire til tronen
- Danmarks Radio, Bonanza. "Barnedåb - Prins Felix". Retrieved 29 November 2011.
- Prince Felix prepares to start school as he turns 6
- "His Highness Prince Felix". Danish Royal Court. Retrieved 22 December 2013.
Prince Felix of DenmarkBorn: 22 July 2002
|Lines of succession|
Prince Nikolai of Denmark
|Line of succession to the Danish throne
Prince Henrik of Denmark
|Line of succession to the British throne
descended from Arthur, son of Victoria