1985 VHS Home Video box image
|Directed by||Bert Lovitt|
|Written by||Bert Lovitt|
James F Kelly
|Release dates||December 1985|
|Running time||100 min|
Prince Jack is a 1985 film from Castle Hill Productions which dramatizes some of the inner workings of the Kennedy administration, including efforts by Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy to address the issue of civil rights. Although primarily a dramatic narrative, Prince Jack also uses satire and black humor, especially with regard to the Kennedy brothers' complicated relationship with Lyndon B. Johnson.
The film was written and directed by Bert Lovitt.
- Robert J. Hogan - John F. Kennedy
- James F. Kelly - Robert F. Kennedy
- Lloyd Nolan - Joseph P. Kennedy, Sr.
- Kenneth Mars - Lyndon B. Johnson
- Dana Andrews - The Cardinal
- Robert Guillaume - Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Cameron Mitchell - Edwin Walker
- Jim Backus - Ted Dealey
- William Windom - Ferguson ("Fergie")
- Theodore Bikel - Georgi Bolshakov
- Jim Backus' last live project.
- James F. Kelly portrayed Robert F. Kennedy a total of seven times in different productions between 1981 and 1997. He also portrayed John F. Kennedy once.
- Prince Jack was available on VHS but does not appear to have been released in DVD format.
- Kennedy (TV miniseries)
- Hoover vs. The Kennedys
- The Kennedys (TV miniseries)
- Cultural depictions of John F. Kennedy