Prince Michael Jackson II
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Article in question needs more detailed events in biography and references. (August 2013)|
February 21, 2002 |
San Diego, California, U.S.
|Parents||Michael Jackson (deceased)|
|Relatives||Michael Joseph Jackson Jr. (half-brother)
Paris-Michael Katherine Jackson (half-sister)
Prince Michael "Blanket" Jackson II (born February 21, 2002) is an American television personality. He is the youngest child of American pop musician Michael Jackson.
In 2002, Prince Michael Jackson II (nicknamed "Blanket"), Michael Jackson's third child, was born, when Michael was 43, and the same year his father won his 22nd American Music Award for Artist of the Century. The mother's identity is unknown, but Jackson has said the child was the result of artificial insemination from a surrogate mother and his own sperm. He grew up at Neverland Ranch with his half-siblings. Following his father's death in 2009, his grandmother Katherine was made the permanent guardian of him and his siblings Prince and Paris. In 2012, Katherine Jackson split custody of Jackson II and his half-siblings with his older cousin T.J. Jackson, son of Tito Jackson and a member of the group 3T.
Jackson made his first television appearance as a baby in the documentary Living with Michael Jackson in 2003. In the documentary, his father explained the meaning behind his nickname Blanket, meaning to cover or "blanket" someone with love. Jackson also became the center of controversy as an infant when his father Michael dangled him from a balcony at Hotel Adlon in Berlin, Germany while trying to show him off to a crowd of fans waiting outside the hotel to see his father. His father later regretted his mistake; however, the balcony incident has been hugely parodied and ridiculed by media and various celebrities.
In his early childhood, Jackson and his half-siblings wore various masks and veils in their father's attempt to keep their identities hidden from media, paparazzi, and fans.
In 2013, a documentary featuring Jackson called Remembering Michael was made available to watch on Fundanything.com for a $10 fee.
|2003||Living with Michael Jackson||Himself||TV special documentary|
|2009||Michael Jackson Memorial Service||Himself||A live telecast of the public memorial service for the king of pop, Michael Jackson.|
|2010||The 52nd Annual Grammy Awards||Himself||TV special|
|2010||Oprah Winfrey Show||Himself||All New! A World Exclusive: Oprah Talks to Michael Jackson's Mother, Katherine, and Visits with His Children|
|2011||The X Factor||Himself||Live Performance Show #6|
- Hyde, Marina (March 14, 2013). "Michael Jackson's kids are following in his celebrity footsteps | Music". The Guardian. Retrieved August 25, 2013.
- George, Nelson (2004). Michael Jackson: The Ultimate Collection booklet. Sony BMG.
- "Jackson's mother granted custody". BBC News. August 4, 2009. Retrieved November 9, 2009.
- Paquette, Danielle (August 2, 2012). "Katherine Jackson to split custody of kids with T.J. Jackson". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved August 25, 2013.
- Amelia McDonnell-Parry. "10 Reasons We're Obsessed with Blanket Jackson". The Frisky. Retrieved 10 December 2013.
- Eric Ortiz; Rich Schapiro (April 14, 2013). "Michael Jackson wanted Paris Jackson and her siblings to wear masks to have 'normal childhood'". New York Daily News. Retrieved 10 December 2013.