Prince Michael of Yugoslavia (b. 1958)
|Prince Michael of Yugoslavia|
|Michael Nicolas Paul George Maria|
|House||House of Karađorđević|
|Father||Prince Alexander of Yugoslavia|
|Mother||Princess Maria Pia of Savoy|
18 June 1958 |
Boulogne-sur-Seine, Hauts-de-Seine, Île-de-France, France
Prince Michael of Yugoslavia
|Reference style||His Royal Highness|
|Spoken style||Your Royal Highness|
Prince Michael Nicolas Paul George Maria of Yugoslavia, also known as Michel de Yougoslavie, (born 18 June 1958 in Boulogne-sur-Seine, Hauts-de-Seine, Île-de-France, France) is an investment executive, socialite and philanthropist. He was formerly a real estate broker. Prince Michael is a member of the Royal House of Karađorđević and a Prince of Yugoslavia as a patrilineal descendant of Alexander Karađorđević, Prince of Serbia.
Prince Michael, along with his twin brother, Prince Dimitri of Yugoslavia, were born on 18 June 1958 and are the eldest sons of Prince Alexander of Yugoslavia and his wife, Princess Maria Pia of Savoy. Alexander and Maria Pia had a second set of twins, Prince Sergius and Princess Helene of Yugoslavia in 1963. Prince Michael has a younger half-brother, Prince Dushan of Yugoslavia, from his father's second marriage to Princess Barbara of Liechtenstein.
Prince Michael relocated to Palm Beach, Florida where he was a real estate broker selling condominiums for Sotheby's International Realty for 15 years. In 1994, he was reportedly going into the vitamin business.
Philanthropy and charity work
As of 2010, Prince Michael serves on the board of directors of Visionary Alternatives, Inc., a charity that discovers and funds aggressive alternative medical therapies for critically ill patients.
Titles, styles, honours and arms
Titles and styles
- 18 June 1958 – present: His Royal Highness Prince Michael of Yugoslavia
- Paul Theroff. "YUGOSLAVIA". Paul Theroff's Royal Genealogy Site. Retrieved 2010-08-04.
- Plunket, Robert (13 November 1994), "Palm Bech On Wry", The New York Times, retrieved 2010-08-04
- Visionary Alternatives, Inc. "BOARD OF DIRECTORS & ADVISORS". Visionary Alternatives, Inc. Retrieved 2010-08-04.
- Pierce, Andrew (6 February 2009), "Prince Charles targeted by Madoff fund", The Daily Telegraph, retrieved 2010-08-04
- Sandler, Linda (6 February 2009), "U.K.’s Prince Charles Targeted by Madoff Marketer, Witness Says", Bloomberg L.P., retrieved 2010-08-04
- Palmer, Richard (7 February 2009), "Charles on Madoff scam list", Daily Express, retrieved 2010-08-04
- Prynn, Jonathan (24 December 2008), "'Ashamed' broker who lost aristocracy £1bn in Madoff fraud dies after slashing wrists in New York office", Daily Mail, retrieved 2010-08-04
- Gendar, Alison; Feiden, Douglas (24 December 2008), "Hedge fund founder Thierry de la Villehuchet kills self after losing $1B in Madoff scandal", Daily News, retrieved 2010-08-04
- "Prince Michael de Yougoslavie's Linkedin". Retrieved 2013-03-21.
Prince Michael of Yugoslavia (b. 1958)Born: 18 June 1958
Prince Dimitri of Yugoslavia
|Line of succession to the British throne||Succeeded by
Prince Sergius of Yugoslavia