Prince Rasso of Bavaria
|Prince Rasso of Bavaria|
|Spouse||Archduchess Theresa of Austria|
|German: Rasso Maximilian Rupprecht|
|House||House of Wittelsbach|
|Father||Prince Franz of Bavaria|
|Mother||Princess Isabella Antonie of Croÿ|
24 May 1926|
Schloss Leutstetten, Leutstetten, Bavaria, Germany
|Died||12 September 2011(aged 85)|
On 17 October 1955 Rasso married Archduchess Theresa of Austria, the daughter of Archduke Theodor Salvator of Austria and Countess Maria Theresia von Waldburg zu Zeil und Trauchburg. The wedding took place at Schloß Wallsee near Amstetten in Austria. The couple had seven children:
- Princess Maria-Theresia of Bavaria (born 1956); married Count Tamas Kornis de Goncz-Ruszka; seven children.
- Prince Franz-Josef of Bavaria (born 1957), a Benedictine monk in the abbey of Peramiho, Tanzania, now called Pater Florian.
- Princess Elisabeth of Bavaria (born 1959); married Count Andreas von Kuefstein; six children.
- Prince Wolfgang of Bavaria (born 1960); married Countess Beatrice of Lodron-Laterano and Castelromano; three children.
- Princess Benedikta of Bavaria (born 1961); married Count Rudolf von Freyberg-Eisenberg; four children.
- Prince Christoph of Bavaria (born 1962); married Baroness Gudila von Plettenberg; four children.
- Princess Gisela of Bavaria (born 1964); married Prince Alexander of Saxe-Gessaphe; four children.
- Bavarian Royal Family at http://www.btinternet.com/~allan_raymond/Bavarian_Royal_Family.htm. Retrieved 21 June 2009.[dead link]
- Adalbert Prinz von Bayern. Die Wittelsbacher: Geschichte unserer Familie. München: Prestel Verlag, 1979.