Prince William Parkway
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2009)|
|Prince William Parkway|
|Length:||16.00 mi (25.75 km)|
|East end:||US 1 in Woodbridge|
|SR 28 in Manassas|
|To:||I‑66 near Gainesville|
The Prince William Parkway is a road in Prince William County, Virginia. The road carries two designations. Between U.S. Route 1 in Woodbridge and Dumfries Road (Virginia State Route 234) near Manassas it carries State Route 294 (formerly SR 3000). At Dumfries Road, the Prince William Parkway assumes the SR 234 designation until ending at I-66 near Gainesville.
The State Route 294 from I-95 to Dumfries Road was built by Prince William County in the mid–1990s. The VA 234 portion from Dumfries Road to I-66 was built by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) in late–1990s as a bypass of the old VA 234 through Manassas. The existing portion of VA 234 was renamed VA 234 Business. The last portion of the Parkway, an extension of SR 294 from I-95 to US 1, was built by Prince William County in 2005. On February 16, 2012, the former route designation for the Prince William Parkway, SR 3000, was changed to VA-294 by VDOT when the Commonwealth Transportation Board approved the transfer of the secondary road to a primary road for better maintenance of the parkway. Signage has been updated to reflect the new numbering along with "old SR 3000" signs.
The State Route 294 portion from I-95 to the intersection of Liberia Avenue and Wellington Road (where the Parkway turns towards VA 234 and I-66) has been designated the Kathleen K. Seefeldt Parkway for Kathleen Seefeldt, the former Chairman of the Prince William Board of County Supervisors. The VA 234 portion from Dumfries Road (VA 234) to I-66 has been designated the Ronald Wilson Reagan Highway for Ronald Reagan, the 40th President of the United States.
- Future Interchange at Prince William Parkway (SR 294), Liberia Ave and Wellington Rd
- Future Interchange at Prince William Parkway (SR 294), Prince William Parkway/Dumfries Road (VA 234), and Brentsville Road (SR 649) and Dumfries Road (VA 234 Business).
- Future Interchange at Prince William Parkway (SR 234) and University Blvd (SR 840)
- Future Interchange at Prince William Parkway (SR 234) and Sudley Manor Drive (SR 1566)
- Future Interchange at Prince William Parkway (SR 234) and Balls Ford Road (SR 621)
- "THREE MAJOR PARKWAYS NOW PRIMARY ROADS". Virginia Department of Transportation. February 16, 2012. Retrieved February 16, 2012.