Prince Zaleski and Cummings King Monk
|Prince Zaleski and Cummings King Monk|
Dust-jacket illustration by Joe Wehrle, Jr. for the first US edition of Prince Zaleski and Cummings King Monk
|Author||M. P. Shiel|
|Illustrator||frontispiece by Bob Arrington|
|Cover artist||Joe Wehrle, Jr.|
|Genre||Supernatural fiction, Detective fiction short stories|
|Publisher||Mycroft & Moran|
|Media type||Print (Hardback)|
|LC Class||PZ3.S5553 Ps5 PR6037.H524|
Prince Zaleski and Cummings King Monk is a collection of supernatural detective short stories by author M. P. Shiel. It was released in 1977 by Mycroft & Moran in an edition of 4,036 copies. The first three Prince Zaleski stories had appeared in Shiel's first published work, Prince Zaleski (London: John Lane; Boston: Roberts Brothers, 1895). The fourth was first published in Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine for January, 1955. The Cummings King Monk stories were drawn from The Pale Ape and Other Pulses (1911).
Prince Zaleski and Cummings King Monk contains the following tales:
- Prince Zaleski
- "The Race of Orven"
- "The Stone of the Edmundsbury Monks"
- "The S.S."
- "The Return of Prince Zaleski"
- Cummings King Monk
- "He Meddles With Women"
- "He Defines 'Greatness of Mind'"
- "He Wakes an Echo"
- Jaffery, Sheldon (1989). The Arkham House Companion. Mercer Island, WA: Starmont House, Inc. p. 119. ISBN 1-55742-005-X.
- Chalker, Jack L.; Mark Owings (1998). The Science-Fantasy Publishers: A Bibliographic History, 1923-1998. Westminster, MD and Baltimore: Mirage Press, Ltd. p. 845.
- Joshi, S.T. (1999). Sixty Years of Arkham House: A History and Bibliography. Sauk City, WI: Arkham House. p. 184. ISBN 0-87054-176-5.
- Nielsen, Leon (2004). Arkham House Books: A Collector's Guide. Jefferson, NC and London: McFarland & Company, Inc. p. 154. ISBN 0-7864-1785-4.