Prince des poètes
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (August 2009)|
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (August 2009)|
Prince des poètes (French: Prince of poets) is an honorific and unofficial title given in France to many poets after the death of their predecessor.
- Pierre de Ronsard, born in 1524.
- 1885-1894 : Charles Marie René Leconte de Lisle, born in 1818.
- 1894-1896 : Paul Verlaine, born in 1844.
- 1896-1898 : Stéphane Mallarmé, born in 1842.
- 1898-1912 : Léon Dierx, born in 1838.
- 1912-1960 : Paul Fort, born in 1872.
- 1960 : Jules Supervielle, born in 1884.
- 1960-1963 : Jean Cocteau, born in 1889.
- 1972-1978 : Maurice Carême, born in 1899.
- 1978-2001 : Léopold Sédar Senghor, born in 1906.