|Established||1946 (Subdivision) 'Thorncrest'|
|Changed Municipality||1998 Toronto from Etobicoke|
|• MP||Ted Opitz (Etobicoke Centre)|
|• MPP||Donna Cansfield (Etobicoke Centre)|
|• Councillor||Gloria Lindsay Luby (Ward 4 Etobicoke Centre)|
Princess Gardens is a neighbourhood in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is located in the western area of Toronto that was formerly the City of Etobicoke. Its boundaries are Eglinton Avenue to the north, Martin Grove to the west, Islington to the east, and Rathburn Road to the south. The southeastern part of this area is the separate neighbourhood of Thorncrest Village. The neighbourhood is divided into two areas. The portion east of Kipling Road is known as Princess Anne Manor while the portion west of Kipling is Princess Margaret Gardens. They are named after The Princess Anne and The Princess Margaret, members of the British Royal family. The southwestern part of the neighbourhood is also sometimes known as Glen Agar.
This is a post-war developed residential area. Its main street is Eglinton Avenue, a four-lane arterial road running east-west along the north of the neighbourhood. Residential subdivisions back onto Eglinton along this stretch. North-south are Martin Grove, Kipling and Islington Avenues, all four-lane arterial roads with detached homes on both sides. The density of the housing is very low, and road patterns are generally curved roads leading into cul-de-sacs to reduce traffic.
Largely built along an extension of the street 'The Kingsway' north of Dundas St, the area developed in a radically different manner than 'The Kingsway' neighbourhood to the south after the northern extension of the Kingsway was cut off from the south with the construction of a highway-style interchange at Dundas and Royal York. Like 'the Kingsway' neighbourhood to the south, many streets in Princess Gardens carry 'royal' names: The Kingsway, Prince George Dr, Princess Margaret Blvd, Princess Anne Cr.
- John G. Althouse Middle School is a middle school located in Toronto, Ontario, near the intersection of Lloyd Manor Drive and Princess Margaret Boulevard.
- St George's Junior School is a public elementary school on Princess Anne Crescent, located in the Princess Anne Manor community on the south side of Princess Margaret Boulevard. The school first opened in 1956 and expanded in 1960 to include additional classroom space.
- Rosethorn Junior School is a public elementary school on Remington Drive, located close to the intersection of Rathburn Road and Kipling Avenue. It first opened in 1952 as a kindergarten to grade 8 school, but was closed in 1984 because of declining enrolment. It reopened in September 1996 as a French Immersion kindergarten to grade 5 school.
- St Gregory Catholic Elementary School
- Phoenix Montessori School
- Thorncrest Plaza
- St. George's Golf and Country Club
- Princess Anne Park
- Princess Margaret Park
- Rosethorn Park
- St Luke's United Church
- St Gregory Roman Catholic Church
- Toronto Neighbourhoods Guide - Princess Anne Manor and Princess Gardens
- Princess-Rosethorn Neighbourhood profile
|Eringate-Centennial-West Deane||Humber Valley Village|
|Islington-Six Points||Thorncrest Village|