Princess Aisha bint Al Hussein
|Princess Aisha bint Al Hussein|
|Spouse||Zeid Saadedine Juma
(m. 1990; div. )
|Father||Hussein of Jordan|
23 April 1968 |
|Jordanian Royal Family|
Aisha was born in Amman, Jordan. She was educated up to age eight in Jordan, at the American community school (In the same class as her sister Zein, for all or almost all of the time). She moved to the U.S. to pursue her education for ten years. She graduated from Dana Hall School in Wellesley, Massachusetts, in 1986. She then attended the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst in the United Kingdom, completing the officer’s training course in April 1987. She then completed an undergraduate degree in Modern Middle East History and Politics from Pembroke College, Oxford. In June 2010 she completed her Masters of Arts degree in Strategic Security Studies at the College of International Security Affairs (CISA), at the National Defense University, Washington D.C., USA.
Hussein is a major general in the Jordanian military and became the first female in the Middle East to receive her parachutist wings after completing five military parachute jumps, according to her official biography.
She successfully completed her officers’ training course at the Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst, in the United Kingdom in April 1987, following her arrival as the first Middle East woman to attend the academy. After graduation from Sandhurst, the princess served in Jordan’s special forces and completed several additional parachuting courses.
Since 1996, she has taken part in several conferences by the Defense Department Advisory Committee on Women. She is a member of NATO’s Mediterranean Dialogue and serves as a Jordanian expert in the internationally staffed NATO Human Factors and Medicine Research Task Group 140, on psychological, organizational and cultural aspects of terrorism, in all matters military and civilian.
She successfully completed numerous military courses, including Security and Protection with the Jordanian Royal Guards, Senior International Defense Management from the U.S. Naval Postgraduate School at the Defense Resources Management Institute in Monterey, California. She has also completed an open water diving course at the Scuba Schools International in New Jersey. She travels abroad frequently to further enhance her knowledge of military-related issues, particularly the role of women in the military.
She is currently assigned as the defense attaché with the Jordanian embassy to the United States.
- Aoun Juma(born 27 May 1992)- Aoun Zeid Saad Edden Juma is currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Global Business Management at Coventry University - London Campus, in London United Kingdom.
- Muna Juma (born 18 July 1996).
Princess Aisha and her husband are separated. She currently resides in the United States of America.
- Jordan : Grand Cordon of the Order of the Star of Jordan 
- Jordan : Grand Cordon of the Order of Independence 
- Jordan : Al-Hussein Order of Military Merit 4th class 
- King Hussein Medal of Excellence 
- Medals for Administrative & Leadership Competence and Administrative & Technical Competence 
- Brunei : First class of the Order of Merit of Brunei (PSLJ) (13.5.2008) 
- Japan : Grand Cordon of the Order of the Precious Crown (30.11.1999) 
|Ancestors of Princess Aisha bint Al Hussein|
- "Her Royal Highness Princess Aisha Bint Al Hussein", Embassy and Consulate of Jordan: Australia and New Zealand; URL last accessed 2 March 2006.
- Royal Ark, Jordanian genealogy details
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Princess Aisha bint Al Hussein.|
|This Jordanian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|