Princess Alexandra Middle School
|Princess Alexandra School|
|Hay River, Northwest Territories, X0E 0R8, Canada|
|School board||Hay River District Education Authority,
South Slave Divisional Education Council
|Area trustee||Terrence Courtorieille (Chair, Hay River DEA)|
|Language||English, South Slavey|
|Homepage||Princess Alexandra School|
Princess Alexandra School is a school located in Hay River, Northwest Territories, Canada providing public education for students in grades 4 through 7. The administration of the school is the responsibility of the South Slave Divisional Education Council (SSDEC).
The school is named after Princess Alexandra, The Honourable Lady Ogilvy, a cousin to Queen Elizabeth II. The school was officially opened by the royal after its construction was completed in summer 1967.
Recognition and awards
- In August 2012, Princess Alexandra Literacy Coach Dorie Hanson was awarded an Excellent in Education Award by the South Slave Divisional Education Council for her work in contributing to the ongoing literacy improvements being experienced at the school
- "Our Schools: South Slave Divisional Education Council - Creating Futures". Ssdec.nt.ca. Retrieved 2012-10-01.
- Northern News Services (2012-09-03). "Excellence in education recognized". Nnsl.com. Retrieved 2012-10-01.
- Posted: Aug 31, 2012 5:47 PM CT (2012-09-01). "Literacy test scores improving for students in South Slave, N.W.T. - North - CBC News". Cbc.ca. Retrieved 2012-10-01.
- Princess Alexandra at the South Slave Divisional Education Council