Princess Désirée, Baroness Silfverschiöld
Princess Désirée, Baroness Silfverschiöld, (Désirée Elisabeth Sibylla) (born 2 June 1938) is the third child of Prince Gustaf Adolf, Duke of Västerbotten, and Princess Sibylla of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, and granddaughter of King Gustaf VI Adolf of Sweden. Her brother is King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden.
Princess Desiree was born and grew up at the family home, Haga Palace outside Stockholm with her three sisters; together they were known as the Haga Princesses. She was named after her ancestor Queen Desideria of Sweden, and after her mother Sibylla.
Marriage and children
Princess Désirée's engagement to Baron Nils-August Otto Carl Niclas Silfverschiöld, born at Koberg Castle, Sweden on 31 May 1934, son of Baron Carl Silfverschiöld and wife Madeleine Bennich, was announced on 18 December 1963, and the couple married the next year on 5 June 1964 in Storkyrkan in Stockholm. As a result of her non-royal marriage, she lost her style of Royal Highness, was named Princess Désirée, Baroness Silfverschiöld and neither she nor her descendants can inherit the Swedish throne.
Princess Désirée, Baroness Silfverschiöld's marriage has produced three children:
- Baron Carl Otto Edmund Silfverschiöld (b. Göteborg, 22 March 1965) married in the presence of the complete Royal family in 2005 to Maria Fredriksson (b. Slottsstaden, Malmö, 12 April 1965).
- Baroness Kristina-Louisa Ewa Madeleine Silfverschiöld (b. Göteborg, 29 September 1966), married Baron Hans de Geer af Finspång (b. Stockholm, 26 January 1963). Their son, Ian de Geer, was a Page Boy at the 2010 Wedding of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, and Daniel Westling.
- Hélène Ingeborg Sibylla Silfverschiöld (b. Göteborg, 20 September 1968), who was a bridesmaid at the wedding of King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden in 1976, and in the same year also for Prince Bertil and Princess Lilian of Sweden, Helene's godmother.
Princess Désirée lives in the Silfvershiöld family's home at Castle Koberg and at Gasevadholm Castle in Halland. She takes part in Swedish Royal Family events. Princess Désirée and Baron Silfverschiöld are occasionally invited to state dinners and receptions in Sweden.
With her family, she was a guest at the 2010 Wedding of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, and Daniel Westling, where her grandson Ian was a pageboy. Princess Désirée, Baroness Silfverschiöld is Crown Princess Victoria's godmother.
- Sweden :
- Norway : Grand Cross of the Royal Norwegian Order of Saint Olav (1992)
- Japan : Grand Cordon of the Order of the Precious Crown (2000) 
- "Finaste gåvan får Carl Philip (Swedish)". Aftonbladet.
- "Royal wedding guest list published". Stockholm News. Retrieved 2012-01-29.
- Noblesse et Royautés, King's sisters attending Victoria's wedding, 19/06/2010, Group photo
- Ruby Jubilee in Sweden
- Princess Lilian, Princess Désirée and Princess Christina, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Precious Crown
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Désirée (Swedish princess 1938).|