Princess Elisabeth of Waldeck and Pyrmont
|Princess of Erbach-Schönberg|
|Spouse||Alexander, Prince of Erbach-Schönberg|
|Issue||Princess Imma of Erbach-Schönberg
George Louis, Prince of Erbach-Schönberg
Prince William of Erbach-Schönberg
Princess Helena of Erbach-Schönberg
|Luise Elisabeth Hermine Erika|
|House||House of Waldeck and Pyrmont (by birth)
House of Erbach-Schönberg (by marriage)
|Father||George Victor, Prince of Waldeck and Pyrmont|
|Mother||Princess Helena of Nassau|
6 September 1873|
Arolsen, Waldeck and Pyrmont
|Died||23 November 1961
Bensheim, West Germany
Princess Elisabeth of Waldeck and Pyrmont (German: Prinzessin Luise Elisabeth Hermine Erica Pauline zu Waldeck und Pyrmont; 6 September 1873 – 23 November 1961) was the youngest daughter of George Victor, Prince of Waldeck and Pyrmont and wife of Alexander, 2nd Prince of Erbach-Schönberg.
Elisabeth was born at Arolsen, Waldeck and Pyrmont the seventh child and youngest daughter of George Victor, Prince of Waldeck and Pyrmont (1831–1893), and his wife, Princess Helena of Nassau (1831–1888), daughter of William, Duke of Nassau. He was distantly related to the British Royal Family through his mother, a descendant of King George II of Great Britain.
She was a sister of:
- Marie, Crown Princess of Württemberg (1857–1882) who married William II of Württemberg.
- Emma, Queen of the Netherlands (1858–1934) queen consort of William III of the Netherlands.
- Helena, Duchess of Albany (1861–1922) who married Prince Leopold, Duke of Albany.
- Friedrich, Prince of Waldeck and Pyrmont (1865–1946), last reigning prince of Waldeck and Pyrmont.
Marriage and family
Elisabeth married on 3 May 1900 in Arolsen, Alexander, Prince of Erbach-Schönberg (1872–1944), eldest child of Gustav, Prince of Erbach-Schönberg and Princess Marie of Battenberg. They had four children:
- Princess Imma of Erbach-Schönberg (11 May 1901 – 14 March 1947)
- George Louis, Prince of Erbach-Schönberg (1 January 1903 – 27 January 1971)
- Prince William of Erbach-Schönberg (4 June 1904 – 27 September 1946)
- Princess Helena of Erbach-Schönberg (8 April 1907 – 16 April 1979)
At her death, she was the last surviving child of Prince George Victor and Princess Helena.
Titles and styles
- 6 September 1873 – 3 May 1900: Her Serene Highness Princess Elisabeth of Waldeck and Pyrmont
- 3 May 1900 – 18 August 1903: Her Serene Highness Princess Elisabeth, Countess Alexander of Erbach-Schönberg
- 18 August 1903 – 29 January 1908: Her Serene Highness Princess Alexander of Erbach-Schönberg
- 29 January 1908 – 23 November 1961: Her Serene Highness The Princess of Erbach-Schönberg
Notes and sources
- thePeerage.com - Luise Elisabeth Hermine Erica Pauline Prinzessin zu Waldeck und Pyrmont
- Genealogics - Leo van de Pas - Princess Elisabeth zu Waldeck und Pyrmont
- The Royal House of Stuart, London, 1969, 1971, 1976, Addington, A. C., Reference: 351