|Princess of Yogyakarta|
|Princess Hayu in August 2013|
|Gusti Kanjeng Ratu Hayu|
|Father||Sultan Hamengkubuwono X|
|Mother||Queen Hemas née Tatiek Drajad|
24 December 1983 |
Princess Hayu was born in Yogyakarta on 24 December 1983. She is the fourth daughter of five siblings: 1. Princess Pembayun, 2. Princess Condrokirono, 3. Princess Maduretno, 4. Princess Hayu and 5. Princess Bendara. She spend her early childhood mostly in Yogyakarta. One of her particular interest when she was a child was game, mostly puzzles and Lego. In her adolescent days, she also enjoyed sports especially roller-skates. She competed on a national championship to represent her province in 1992 and won a gold medal.
Princess Hayu, attended junior high school in Australia for a year before returning to Indonesia. She then continued her study at SMAN 3 Padmanaba Highschool Yogyakarta, a high school that was also attended by her husband Prince Notonegoro. After spending a year in Padmanaba Highschool, she moved to Singapore and went to the International School of Singapore.
Following her graduation from high school, Hayu decided to study Information Technology. She took Computer Science Major at Stevens Institute of Technology, in the US, before moving to Bournemouth University in England to study Design and IT Project Management.
Hayu's marriage to Prince Notonegoro received heavy public attention since the engagement was announced on 20 June 2013 The couple have been dating for 10 years and knew each other from young age since their mothers are friends. Hayu's mother Queen Hemas requested Noto to help her daughter when she started attending college in the US. Notonegoro who was pursuing a graduate study in the US at that time, met the princess in New York and that's where the romance begun.
Since Hayu was the last one to get married, the wedding was arranged as a cultural event for the people in Yogyakarta. While the previous royal weddings only involve a parade of five royal horse carriages, Hayu's wedding present 12 horse carriages to transport all the member of the Royal Family of Yogyakarta. The wedding also manage to boost tourism in Yogyakarta which is a touristic destination in the first place.
On 22 October 2013, Princess Hayu was officially married to Prince Notonegoro. The royal wedding of Yogyakarta Palace was conducted in three consecutive days, covering long and various wedding rituals. Thousands of guests attended the royal wedding including the President of the Republic of Indonesia Mr. Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono
Consistent with the Moslem tradition, the wedding solemnisation ritual Ijab qabul was conducted by the Sultan himself without the presence of the bride. The wedding vow was conducted in archaic Javanese language which translates as: "I, Prince Notonegoro, today carry out your majesty's command to marry your daughter Gusti Kanjeng Ratu Hayu with the Holy Quran and a set of prayer outfits as a dowry." 
Following her graduatiion from college, Princess Hayu has then worked at an software house in Jakarta as a project manager for internet banking. After three years in this business, she moved to her hometown Yogyakarta and became a game producer for Gameloft, a global game company. She is now also serve as the chief of Tepas Tandha Yekti, a new department in the Palace which manages IT and documentation affairs.
Hayu's figure as a professional worker has change people perceptions about the role and status of women in Javanese royal court. Princess Hayu was seen as a modern independent woman which negate the image of woman being subservient in Javanese culture especially among royals.
Hayu's professional career
- 2007-2008: Microsoft Indonesia – Internship Programme
- 2009-2012: Aprisma Indonesia – Project Manager
- 2012-2013: Gameloft Indonesia – HD Game Producer
- 2012–present: Tepas Tandhayekti – Penghageng (Chief)
Titles, styles, honours and arms
- 24 December 1983 – 7 March 1989: Raden Ajeng Nurabra Juwita
- 7 March 1989 – 12 August 2013: Gusti Raden Ajeng Nurabra Juwita
- 12 August 1989 – present: Gusti Kanjeng Ratu Hayu
Hayu's style and title in full in English: Her Royal Highness Princes Hayu of Yogyakarta
- [dead link]
- "UN Diplomat Proposes to Sultan Daughter | National | Tempo.Co :: Indonesian News Portal". En.tempo.co. 2013-06-22. Retrieved 2013-11-16.
- J. Gordon Julien (2013-10-25). "Princess bride! Crowds celebrate colorful royal Indonesian wedding". TODAY.com. Retrieved 2013-11-16.
- [dead link]
- "Hive of activity in Yogyakarta for royal wedding". The Jakarta Post. 2013-10-20. Retrieved 2013-11-16.
- "Royal wedding fever grips Indonesia as the Sultan's fourth daughter prepares to wed in lavish three-day affair | Mail Online". Dailymail.co.uk. 2013-10-21. Retrieved 2013-11-16.
- "BBC News - Crowds flock to witness Indonesian royal wedding". Bbc.co.uk. 2013-10-23. Retrieved 2013-11-16.
- "Yogyakarta prince, princess officially man and wife | Asia News | South East Asia News | AsiaOne". News.asiaone.com. 2013-10-26. Retrieved 2013-11-16.
- "Thousands of Yogyakartans greet royal newlyweds | AsiaOne". News.asiaone.com. 2013-10-24. Retrieved 2013-11-16.
- "In Yogyakarta, a Woman Sultan?". The Jakarta Globe. Retrieved 2013-11-16.
- Hayu and Notonegoro's wedding
- A Royal Wedding in Indonesia
- The Royal Wedding Indonesia gets set
- Indonesia Royal Wedding
- Indonesia celebrate wedding of Sri Sultan Hamengkubowono X's daughter
- 27 photos from the Royal Wedding in Indonesia
- Pictures of Gusti Kanjeng Ratu Hayu gets married
- Video on YouTube, Yogyakarta Royal Wedding 2013
- Video on YouTube, Parade Royal Wedding Yogyakarta 2013
|This article needs additional or more specific categories. (December 2013)|