|Spouse||John Kreuger (1983–2003)
John Walker (2007–)
|Issue||Michael de Roumanie Kreuger
Angelica de Roumanie Kreuger
|House||House of Romania|
|Father||Michael I of Romania|
|Mother||Anne of Bourbon-Parma|
28 February 1953 |
Irina married John Kreuger (born in Solna, Sweden, 3 August 1945), on 4 October 1983, in Scottsdale, Maricopa County, Arizona, United States in a civil ceremony, and on 11 February 1984 in a religious ceremony at Holy Trinity Church in Phoenix, Maricopa County, Arizona. The couple divorced on 24 November 2003.
John Kreuger is the son of Torsten Kreuger and wife Diana Blanchfleur Beveand.
Irina married secondly to John Wesley Walker (b. 30 December 1945 in Douglas, Missouri) on 10 November 2007 at the Heart of Reno Chapel, Reno, Nevada.
Irina has two children from her first marriage, a son, Michael Torsten Kreuger, who has a son, Kohen, born 2012, with his wife Tara Littlfield; and a daughter that lives in Coos Bay, Oregon, cited in the news as Angelica Kreuger. Angelica Margaretta Bianca Kreuger married Richard Robert Knight on 25 October 2009 at Myrtle Bay, Oregon. Together they have two daughters Courtney Bianca Knight, born 31 May 2007, and Diana Knight, born 2011. Angelica earned her GED from Southwestern Oregon Community College in June 2008.
On 15 August 2013, Irina and her husband were arrested for being part of an illegal cockfighting ring, being charged also for operating an illegal gambling business on their ranch near Irrigon, Oregon. According to the indictment, 10 different cockfighting derbies were organized at their ranch between April 2012 and April 2013, which brought up to $2000/day, from admission fees, food and drinks and gambling. Federal prosecutors announced that they will seek the forfeiture of their ranch. She and her husband were freed, but they are required to wear GPS bracelets and turn over their US passports. They are awaiting a two-week jury trial, which was set for October 15.
On 29 October, Irina's father altered the line of succession, stripping Irina of her royal titles and removing her and her two children from the line of succession.
Titles and honours
- 28 February 1953 - 30 December 2007: Her Royal Highness Princess Irina of Romania, Princess of Hohenzollern
- 30 December 2007 - 29 October 2013: Her Royal Highness Princess Irina of Romania
- 29 October 2013 - Present: Mrs Irina Walker
- Marlene A. Eilers, Queen Victoria's Descendants (Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1987), page 190
- Sterbenz, Christina (2013-08-16). "A Romanian Princess 'Turned farmer.' And Allegedly Started A Cockfighting Ring". Business Insider. Retrieved 2013-12-31.
- "Angelica Margaretta Bianca Kreuger". The Peerage. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- "Courtney Bianca Knight". The Peerage. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- "Graduation: Southwestern Oregon Community College". The World. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- DuBois, Steven (August 15, 2013). "Romanian princess among cockfighting arrests". USA Today. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- Denson, Bryan (August 16, 2013). "Romanian princess, Oregon husband arrested in bust of suspected two-state cockfighting ring". Oregonian. Retrieved August 16, 2013.
- "Romanian princess, Oregon husband to be freed while facing cockfighting charges". Oregonian. August 16, 2013.
- Familia Regala - Linia de succesiune
- Ordine si medalii – officials website of the Romanian Royal Family
Irina WalkerBorn: 28 February 1953
|Line of succession to the British throne
descended from Alfred, son of Victoria
Michael de Roumanie Kreuger
|This Romanian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of a member of a European royal house is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|