Princess Lalla Hasna of Morocco
|Princess Lalla Hasna of Morocco|
|Princess of Morocco|
|Spouse||Dr. Khalid Benharbit|
|Issue||Lalla Oumaima Benharbit
Lalla Oulaya Benharbit
|Lalla Hasna (or Hasna'a)|
|Mother||Lalla Latifa Hammou|
19 November 1967 |
|Moroccan Royal Family|
Princess Lalla Hasna of Morocco (born 19 November 1967) is the youngest daughter of King Hassan II and his wife, Lalla Latifa Hammou. She is sister to the current king, Mohammed VI and Prince Moulay Rachid.
Since her childhood, Princess Hasna has been interested in social and cultural activities, with special emphasis to environmental issues in Morocco. In 1999 she launched the national campaign for the protection of the environment and gave the prize for the most beautiful and cleanest beach in Morocco.
To shore up her work, the Mohammed VI Foundation for the protection of the environment was created in 2001 and chaired by Princess Hasna. She presides over the governing board of the foundation and regularly pays on the terrain visits to sensitize the population about environmental issues.
In 2002, Princess Lalla Hasna set up the prize of young reporters for the environment and in 2003 a prize for photography annually awarded on the international environment day.
She is Honorary President of the Hassanate Association for Human Development.
- Lalla Oumaima Benharbit (born 15 December 1995).
- Lalla Oulaya Benharbit (born 20 October 1997).
She is Honorary President in Morocco of:
- National League of Female Civil and Semi-Civil Servants.
- Moroccan Assoc for the Aid of Sick Children (AMAEM).
- Moroccan SOS Children's Village.
- Al-Ihsane Association.
- Moroccan Anti Pyopathy Association.
She is President in Morocco of:
- Muhammad VI Foundation for Environmental Protection.
- Moroccan Archaeology and Patronomy Assoc (SMAP).
- Dame Grand Cordon of the Order of the Throne (Kingdom of Morocco).
- Dame Grand Cross of the Royal Order of Isabella the Catholic (Kingdom of Spain, 22 September 1989).
- Dame Grand Cross of the Order of Leopold II (Kingdom of Belgium, 5 October 2004).
- Dame Grand Cross of the Order of the Aztec Eagle (United Mexican States, 11 February 2005).