|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2012)|
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (January 2012)|
Princess Quest (プリンセスクエスト Purinsesu Kuesuto ?) is a Japanese video game published in 1998 for the Sega Saturn system, illustrated by Sugiyama Genshō. It was based on a 1996 audio drama of the same name. The game was developed by AIC and Increment P Corp. It was subsequently ported to PC under the title Princess Quest R (プリンセスクエストR Purinsesu Kuesuto R?).
While the gameplay can be described as a classic turn-based role-playing video game, the main focus of the game is on interacting with the non-player characters and discovering what they are up to. The story is set in the Kingdom of Dilma (ディルマ国?), with a cast of royalty who engage in all sorts of strange antics, and is filled with silly humor, which includes most of the characters being named after various kinds of food, and transgender humor in the style of Ranma ½.
Princess Quest features several short anime video clips, as well as spoken dialog (in Japanese) throughout the game.
Five princesses from surrounding kingdoms are visiting Granmalnie Castle (グランマルニエ城?), but young Prince Tapioca isn't showing much interest. Meanwhile, someone makes off with a valuable item. Queen Madeleine hires a young swordsman named Willow to investigate the theft. Willow is joined by Pal (パル?), a magical creature who transforms Willow into a girl. Using this disguise, Willow tries to gain the trust of the princesses, in hopes of determining who is responsible for the theft.
- Willow (ウィロー Uiro?) - The young hero who comes to Granmalnie Castle. Voiced by: Shin-ichiro Miki (三木 眞一郎?)
- Will (ウィル Uiru?) - Willow's female form. Voice actor: Yoko Asada (浅田 葉子)
- Pal (パル Paru?) - A cabbit who takes the form of a bracelet which effects Willow's magical transformation. Voiced by: Rei Sakuma (佐久間 レイ)
- Montblanc (モンブラン Monburan?) - King of Dilma. Voiced by: Kiyoshi Kawakubo (川久保 潔)
- Madeleine (マドレーヌ Madorēnu?) - Queen of Dilma. Voiced by: Masako Katsuki (勝生 真沙子)
- Tapioca (タピオカ Tapioka ?) - Prince of Dilma. Voiced by: Emi Shinohara (篠原 恵美)
- Custard (カスタード Kasutādo?) - Princess of Rarian. Voiced by: Sakura Tange (丹下 桜)
- Millefeuille (ミルフィーユ Mirufīyu ?) - Princess of Northland. Voiced by: Yuri Shiratori (白鳥 由里)
- Gelato (ジェラード Jerādo?) - Princess of Soodaresu. Voiced by: Mifuyu Hiiragi (柊 美冬)
- Churros (チェロス Cherosu?) - Princess of Rouresu. Voiced by: Ai Orikasa (折笠 愛)
- Pannacotta (パンナコッタ Pannakotta?) - Princess of Gimuria. Voiced by: Kikuko Inoue (井上 喜久子)
|This article about a role-playing video game is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|