Princess Shruti of Nepal
|Princess of Nepal|
|Princess Shruti (right)|
|Spouse||Gorakh Shamsher Jang Bahadur Rana|
|Shruti Rajya Laxmi Devi Shah|
|House||Shah dynasty (by birth)
Rana dynasty (by marriage)
|Father||Birendra of Nepal|
|Mother||Aishwarya of Nepal|
15 October 1976|
Narayanhiti Royal Palace, Kathmandu, Nepal
|Died||1 June 2001
King Birendra Military Hospital, Kathmandu, Nepal
(victim of the Nepalese royal massacre)
Princess Shruti studied at Kanti Ishwori Sishu Vidhyalaya in Nepal, St. Mary's School in Nepal, and later at Mayo College Girls School in Ajmer, India. She completed her bachelors degree at Padma Kanya Campus in Nepal.
Marriage and Family
She was married to Gorakh Shamsher Jang Bahadur Rana, a member of an aristocratic Rana family of Nepal, descendants of Maharajah Chandra Shumshere Rana in 7th May 1997. Princess Shruti had two daughters: Girvani (born 22 January 1998) and Surangana (born 2 October 2000).
- National Honours
- Member First Class of the Order of Gorkha Dakshina Bahu (29/12/1995).
- Commemorative Silver Jubilee Medal of King Birendra (31/01/1997).
- Bisista Sewa Padak (1999).
- Foreign Honours
- France : Grand Officer of the Order of the Legion of Honour (1994).
- Germany : Dame Grand Cross Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany (1996).
|This biography of a member of a Nepalese royal house is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|