Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg
|Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg|
HRH Princess Marie Gabriele
* Only a Prince/ss of Nassau
Sibilla has three surviving sisters: Aliki Béatrice Victoria (1967), Cosima Marie Elisabeth Edmée (1984) and Domitilla Louise Marie (1985). A younger sister Laura Daphne Lavinia (1974-1980) and brother, Paul Alexandre (1970-1970) died in childhood. The family lived in Geneva.
Education and career
Princess Sibilla was educated at the Institut Florimont, Geneva, graduating with a baccalaureate in economics with honours. She then studied at the École du Louvre in Paris, graduating with a diploma in Art History in 1991. She worked at the Musée des Monuments Français. 
Princess Sibilla then studied contemporary art in London, and worked for different galleries, before opening her own gallery in 1993.
Sibilla Weiller married her distant cousin Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg, Prince of Nassau and Parma, son of Jean, Grand Duke of Luxembourg and Princess Joséphine-Charlotte of Belgium, civilly on 8 September 1994 and religiously on 24 September 1994 in Versailles, receiving the title Princess of Luxembourg. The bride wore a Valentino wedding gown.
Guillaume and Sibilla have four children, who carry the title Prince(ss) of Nassau. Their sons have succession rights:
- HRH Prince Paul Louis Jean Marie Guillaume of Nassau (b. Luxembourg, 4 March/24 March 1998). Paul Louis is godson of his cousin, Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg
- HRH Prince Léopold Guillaume Marie Joseph of Nassau (b. Luxembourg, 2 May 2000). His godparents are Archduke Martin of Austria and Elvire Paste de Rochefort.
- HRH Princess Charlotte Wilhelmine Maria da Gloria of Nassau (b. Luxembourg, 2 May 2000). Her godparents are Philippe Jaczynski and Donna Pilar Méndez de Vigo y Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg.
- HRH Prince Jean André Guillaume Marie Gabriel Marc d'Aviano of Nassau (b. Luxembourg, 13 July/15 July 2004). His godparents are André Aranha Correia do Lago (mother's brother-in-law) and Countess Gabriella von Waldburg-Zeil.
Sibilla and Guillaume are related to each other distantly in several different ways, but the closest is as fifth cousins once removed in descent from Charles IV of Spain, Francis I of the Two Sicilies, Francis, Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld, and Frederick William, Prince of Nassau-Weilburg.
|Ancestors of Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg|
- "Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg". Luxarazzi blog.
- Order of Splendor: Valentino Gowns http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/wedding-wednesday-valentino-gowns.html
- Sibilla and Guillaume attending Haakon of Norway's wedding in 2001