Princess Yolanda of Savoy
|Countess of Bergolo|
|Spouse||Giorgio Carlo Calvi, Count of Bergolo|
|Issue||Maria Ludovica Calvi di Bergolo
Giorgio Calvi di Bergolo
Vittoria Calvi di Bergolo
Guia-Anna Calvi di Bergolo
Pier Francesco Calvi, Count of Bergolo
|Iolanda Margherita Milena Elisabetta Romana Maria di Savoia|
|House||House of Savoy|
|Father||Victor Emmanuel III of Italy|
|Mother||Elena of Montenegro|
1 June 1901|
|Died||16 October 1986
|Burial||Monumental Cemetery, Turin|
Princess Yolanda of Savoy (1 June 1901 – 16 October 1986) was the eldest daughter of King Victor Emmanuel III of Italy and his wife Princess Elena of Montenegro, and the sister of Umberto II, the last king of Italy.
She was born Principessa Iolanda Margherita Milena Elisabetta Romana Maria di Savoia (English: Princess Yolanda Margaret Milena Elizabeth Romaine Mary of Savoy) in Rome, Italy. As a young woman she was a great sportswoman, particularly interested in swimming and riding.
In 1946, Yolanda and her family went into voluntary exile with her father in Alexandria, Egypt. After King Victor Emmanuel's death, Yolanda and her family returned to Italy where they lived at Castelporziano.
Marriage and children
- Maria Ludovica Calvi di Bergolo (born 24 January 1924, Turin), married Robert Gasche (born 1918) in 1949 (div. 1975) and had issue:
- Uberto Imar Gasche, born 1954, married Donna Imara Ruffo di Calabria (granddaughter of Prince Fulco Ruffo di Calabria) and had issue;
- Helene Gasche, born 1955.
- Giorgio Calvi di Bergolo (born and died 1925, Pinerolo), died of bronchial pneumonia at six days old;
- Vittoria Calvi di Bergolo (22 June 1927, Turin – March 1985); married Guglielmo, Count Guarienti di Brenzone (1919, Verona – 4 September 2006) in 1947. Had issue:
- Emanuela Guarienti di Brenzone (born 1948), married Gregorio Sammartini and had issue;
- Agostino Guarienti, Count di Brenzone (born 10 January 1951), married Diana Gemma Sagramoso and had issue;
- Guariente Guarienti di Brenzone (born 1954).
- Guia-Anna Calvi di Bergolo (born 8 March 1930), married in 1951 to Carlo Guarienti (born 1923). Had issue:
- Maria Faldivia Guarienti (1952–1971);
- Delfinella Guarienti (born 1954), married Ranieri Randaccio and had issue.
- Pier Francesco Calvi, Count of Bergolo (22 December 1933, Turin – 18 June 2012, Rome), married in 1958 to Marisa Allasio (born 1936). Had issue:
- Carlo Giorgio Calvi, Count of Bergolo (b. 1959);
- Anda Calvi di Bergolo (b. 1962).
|Ancestors of Princess Yolanda of Savoy|
- "Iolanda's Wedding Festivities Start", New York Times, April 8, 1923, p. 3.
- "Iolanda and Calvi Meet Italian Court", New York Times, April 9, 1923, p. 19.
- "Iolanda Wedded to Her War Hero While Crowd Cheers", New York Times, April 10, 1923, p. 1 and 3.
- "Royal Wedding in Rome", The Times, April 10, 1923, p. 12.
- "Princess Yolanda's Wedding", The Times, April 12, 1923, p. 16.
- "Princes Jolanda" [obitiuary], New York Times, October 18, 1986, p. 9.