Princeton North, New Jersey
|Princeton North, New Jersey|
|Former Census-designated place|
Map of Princeton North CDP in Mercer County
|• Total||1.6 sq mi (4.2 km2)|
|• Land||1.6 sq mi (4.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|• Density||2,796.8/sq mi (1,079.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||Eastern (EDT) (UTC-4)|
Princeton North is a unincorporated community that is located in Princeton, in Mercer County, New Jersey, United States. As of the 2000 Census, the CDP population was 4,528. While the area was categorized as a census-designated place in the 2000 Census, the CDP status was eliminated by the United States Census Bureau as of the 2010 Census.
Princeton North is located at (40.361506, -74.651988).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 4.2 km2 (1.6 mi2), all land.
|Population sources: 1960-1980|
As of the 2000 United States Census there were 4,528 people, 1,778 households, and 1,264 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 1,079.2/km2 (2,796.8/mi2). There were 1,831 housing units at an average density of 436.4/km2 (1,130.9/mi2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 81.56% White, 5.72% African American, 0.27% Native American, 5.94% Asian, 0.07% Pacific Islander, 4.44% from other races, and 2.01% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 8.39% of the population.
There were 1,778 households out of which 31.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 60.9% were married couples living together, 8.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 28.9% were non-families. 23.7% of all households were made up of individuals and 10.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.55 and the average family size was 2.96.
In the CDP the population was spread out with 23.1% under the age of 18, 4.9% from 18 to 24, 23.7% from 25 to 44, 28.7% from 45 to 64, and 19.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 44 years. For every 100 females there were 91.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 88.1 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $92,725, and the median income for a family was $109,118. Males had a median income of $69,063 versus $40,179 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $43,903. About 3.4% of families and 6.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 8.9% of those under age 18 and none of those age 65 or over.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- New Jersey: 2010 - Population and Housing Unit Counts - 2010 Census of Population and Housing (CPH-2-32), P. III-4. United States Census Bureau, August 2012. Accessed November 20, 2012. "Deleted CDPs: Ewing (was coextensive with Ewing township); Mercerville-Hamilton Square (split to form all of Mercerville and part of Hamilton Square CDPs); Princeton North; and Yardville-Groveville (split to form parts of Groveville and Yardville CDPs)."
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Population Finder: Princeton North CDP, New Jersey". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2007-03-18.
- Staff. 1980 Census of Population: Number of Inhabitants United States Summary, p. 1-141. United States Census Bureau, June 1983. Accessed January 12, 2012.