|IATA: PRZ – ICAO: none – FAA LID: S39|
|Owner||Prineville Airport Commission|
|Elevation AMSL||3,250 ft / 991 m|
Prineville Airport (IATA: PRZ, FAA LID: S39) is a public use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) southwest of the central business district of Prineville, in Crook County, Oregon, United States. It is owned by the Prineville Airport Commission. According to the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013, it is classified as a general aviation airport.
Facilities and aircraft
Prineville Airport covers an area of 940 acres (380 ha) at an elevation of 3,250 feet (991 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 10/28 is 5,751 by 75 feet (1,753 x 23 m) and 15/33 is 4,031 by 40 feet (1,229 x 12 m).
For the 12-month period ending December 31st, 2013, the airport had 45,672 aircraft operations, an average of 125 per day: 96% general aviation, 3% air taxi, and 1% military. At that time there were 114 aircraft based at this airport: 79% single-engine, 5% multi-engine, 2% jet, 1% helicopter and 13% ultralight. flyprineville.com
- FAA Airport Master Record for S39 ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 8 April 2010.
- Airport information for PRZ at Great Circle Mapper.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013: Appendix A: Part 4 (PDF, 1.61 MB). Federal Aviation Administration. Updated 15 October 2008.
- Aerial photo as of 26 July 2000 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for S39, effective May 28, 2015
- Resources for this airport: