|Key people||Randy Eisenbach, CEO & President|
Printronix is a supplier of line matrix, thermal bar code printer, radio frequency identification (RFID) and mobility products. Printronix printers are typically used for bar code labeling of products, as well as high-volume printing of reports.
Printronix was founded in 1974 by Robert A. Kleist and business partner Gordon Barrus. Working out of a garage in Playa Del Ray, California, the Printronix team developed a 300-line-per-minute (LPM) prototype line printer, called the P300 series.
In January 2008, Printronix was acquired by Vector Capital and became a private company and in 2009 Printronix acquired its closest competitor, TallyGenicom. Kleist stepped down as CEO and president turning the reins over to Randy Eisenbach. As chief operating officer, Eisenbach was an instrumental part of the TallyGenicom acquisition team.
As a result of the TallyGenicom acquisition, Printronix now owns the intellectual property for the TallyGenicom line printers. Printronix launched the first branded TallyGenicom 6600 next generation series of line matrix printers in May 2011.
- Line matrix printers: P7000 Cartridge Series which includes these families: P7000H, P7000HD, P7000ZT, P7000HZT, P7000HDZT. Tally Genicom branded line matrix printers: 6600, 6600Q, 6600Z
- Thermal bar code printers: T5000r ENERGY STAR, T4M, PrintCart Powered Printer Workstation, Online Data Validation (ODV)
- RFID printers: SL5000r ENERGY STAR, SL4M, PrintCart Powered Printer Workstation, Online Data Validation (ODV)
- Scanners and verifiers: SV Series
- Software: PrintNet Enterprise, TN5250 and TN3270 Emulation, SAP Printing, Microsoft BizTalk RFID, XML and PXML, AutoID Data Manager
- Webster, Edward (2000). Print unchained : fifty years of digital printing, 1950-2000 and beyond : a saga of invention and enterprise. West Dover, Vt.: DRA of Vermont. p. 137. ISBN 0-9702617-0-5.
- Printronix announces completion of acquisition by Vector Capital
- Printronix Named Winning Bidder in Acquisition of U.S.-Based Assets of TallyGenicom
- Printronix Welcomes New Executive Leadership