|Birth name||Priscilla Natalie Hartranft|
March 9, 1984 |
Fort Stewart, Georgia, U.S.
|Genres||Acoustic, folk, Indie folk|
|Instruments||Guitar, piano, harmonica, ukulele, banjo|
|Website||Priscilla Ahn's official website|
Priscilla Ahn (born Priscilla Natalie Hartranft; March 9, 1984) is an American singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist, who released her single “Dream” from her debut album, A Good Day, produced by Joey Waronker for EMI's Blue Note Records, in 2008. After growing up in Pennsylvania and graduating from high school, Ahn moved to Los Angeles, California, adopted her mother's Korean maiden name and began to pursue a music career.
Ahn has toured with Willie Nelson, Amos Lee, Ray LaMontagne, Devotchka and Joshua Radin and her collaborative efforts include Tiesto's “I Am Strong,” Cary Brothers “Maps” and Ashtar Command's “The Breakup Song.”
Early Life and Beginnings
Ahn was born Priscilla Natalie Hartranft in Fort Stewart, Georgia, to Kay (née Ahn) and Harry Hartranft, spent her childhood growing up in Berks County, Pennsylvania, and attended Tulpehocken Area High School. She started playing guitar at the age of 14 and performed in choirs and musical productions throughout high school. After graduation her music professor encouraged her to pursue her music career full-time.
After years of performing at open mic nights, Priscilla Ahn played a showcase in New York City for Blue Note Records and was signed to the label. In 2008, Blue Note Records released her full-length debut album, A Good Day, produced by Joey Waronker. The following June, Ahn went on a national tour. Her album, A Good Day included musical contributions by keyboardists Greg Kurstin, Keefus Ciancia, guitarist/film composer Mike Andrews, musical saw player Ursula Knudsun, cellist/string arranger Oliver Kraus, keyboardist Larry Goldings and singers Jim Gilstrap and Orin Waters.)
Priscilla Ahn, has toured with Joshua Radin, Amos Lee, Willie Nelson and Ray Lamontagne and contributed vocals to the albums Supply and Demand, Mission Bell and Kaleidoscope. was selected as Artist of the Week in Paste magazine in June 2008.
Ahn's songs have appeared on the television shows Grey's Anatomy, Knight Rider, Make It Or Break It, Married Single Other, several episodes of the Ghost Whisperer, and in the films Disturbia, Bride Wars, Love Happens, My Sister's Keeper, Free Willy: Escape from Pirate's Cove.
After contributing to the compilations album, His Way, Our Way, Priscilla Ahn collaborated with Inara George, Sia Furler, Eleni Mandell, Charlie Wadhams and Jake Blanton on her album When You Grow Up which was produced by Ethan Johns.
Ahn's music is described as grounded in folk, country and pop.
- A Good Day, Blue Note Records, June 10, 2008
- When You Grow Up, Blue Note Records, May 3, 2011
- Natural Colors, EMI Music Japan, June 27, 2012
- Home ~ My Song Diary, EMI Music Japan, October 31, 2012
- This Is Where We Are, Universal Music,July 25, 2013
- Priscilla Ahn (2007, self-released)
- Live Session, (2008, iTunes)
- Sweet Hearts, (2012, With Charlie Wadhams)
- “Dream” (2008, Blue Note)
- “I'll Never Smile Again” (2009)
- “I Am Strong” by Tiesto featuring vocals by Priscilla Ahn (2009) 
- “Where The Leaf Starts To Fall” feat Taiwanese music band Sodagreen (2013)
- “從一片落葉開始(Where The Leaf Starts To Fall)” by Sodagreen featuring vocals by Priscilla Ahn (2013)
- “Red Cape”
- “Vibe So Hot”
- “I Don't Have Time To Love”
- “When You Grow Up”
- “Torch Song”
- “Remember How I Broke Your Heart”
- His Way, Our Way (Sinatra Tribute) 
- The Hotel Café presents Winter Songs- Silent Night featured on ER 
- Vocals and Piano on Joshua Radin - We Were Here, Columbia, February 7, 2006 (as Priscilla Hartranft) 
- Vocals on Amos Lee - Supply and Demand, Blue Note Records, October 3, 2006
- Vocals on Joshua Radin's Underwater album: Let It Go and The Greenest Grass, released in 2012.
- Vocals on William Fitzsimmons - The Sparrow and the Crow, Mercer Street, September 30, 2008 
- Vocals on Cary Brothers Vol. 1 EP Maps, May 2012 
- Vocals on Ashtar Command American Sunshine The Breakup Song, Rosa, All the Stars in Heaven, 2011
- Vocals on TV on the Radio Nine Types of Light - Will Do, 2011
- Vocals on Amos Lee - Mission Bell "Stay With Me" – 2011
Credits of Priscilla Ahn as a vocalist and/or songwriter
|2009||Bride Wars||“Dream”||Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation|
|Loving Leah||“Dream”||Hallmark Hall of Fame|
|2010||My Sister's Keeper||“Find My Way Back Home”||Warner Bros. Pictures|
|2010||Brand New Day (f/k/a Traveling)||“Dream”||Universal City Studios Productions LLLP|
|Legends of the Canyon||“Dream”||Impact film Sales LTD|
|Free Willy: Escape from Pirate's Cove||“Find My Way Back Home”||Warner Bros. Pictures|
|2011||An Invisible Sign of My Own||“In a Tree”||Invisible Indelible|
|Red Flag||“Find My Way Back Home”||Hands On Productions, Inc.|
|2013||Missing Pieces||“Find My Way Back Home”||Contraction Entertainment|
|The Goats||“Wallflower”||The Goats, LLC|
|Pacific Rim||“Mako”||Warner Bros. Pictures & Legendary Pictures|
Credits of Priscilla Ahn as a vocalist and/or songwriter
- 2009: Men in Trees- Leave the Light On (Warner Bros. Television)
- 2009: Grey's Anatomy- Dream (ABC Studios)
- 2009: Psych- A Good Day (Morning Song) (NBC Studios, Inc.)
- 2009: Knight Rider-I Don't Think So (NBC Studios, Inc)
- 2009: Ghost Whisperer- Dream (ABC Studios)
- 2009: Eli Stone- Dream (ABC Studios)
- 2009: ER Promos- Silent Night (NBC Studios, Inc)
- 2010: Jeep Wrangler "We Build"- In a Tree (commercials- BBDO)
- 2010: So You Think You Can Dance- Dream (DanceNation Productions, Inc.)
- 2010: Life- Dream (NBC Universal Television)
- 2010: The Biggest Loser- Red Cape (BL4 Productions, Inc)
- 2010: Brothers And Sisters- Dream (ABC Studios)
- 2010: Grey's Anatomy- Christmas Time Is Here (American Broadcasting Company)
- 2010: Kansai Electric Power-Leave The Light On(EMI Music Japan)
- 2011: So You Think You Can Dance Season 7- Dream (Dick Clark Productions, Inc.)
- 2011: Psych- Christmas Time Is Here (GEP)
- 2011: Kansai Electric Power-Leave The Light On(EMI Japan)
- 2011: "Married, Single, Other"BBC- Find My Way Back Home (EMI UK)
- 2011: "Married, Single, Other"ITV- Find My Way Back Home (EMI UK)
- 2012: ABC Family: Make It or Break It-Dream (ABC Studios)
- 2012: USA: In Plain Sight- Season 4-Wallflower (NBC Universal Television Music)
- 2012: WB: Men in Trees (ET Upgrade)-Leave The Light On (Warner Bros. Television)
- 2012: RIS- Dream (EMI Music France)
- 2008: The Tonight Show with Jay Leno- (Ep. 16.107-NBC Studios)
- 2008: The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson- (Ep. 5.1- CBS)
- 2009: Later with Jools Holland- (Ep. 34.4- BBC)
- 2011: The Tonight Show with Jay Leno- (Ep. 19.140-NBC Studios)
- 2011: Dancing with the Stars- (Ep, 12.13- CBS)
- U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 2 (Provo, UT: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc.), 2010.
- (Feb 21, 2011)Amos Lee on World Cafe NPR News, Retrieved April 212012
- Disturbia at the Internet Movie Database
- Biography Blue Note Records; retrieved March 17, 2011
- Priscilla Ahn (June 16, 2011). "Girl In A Tree:I'm Married! :)". Retrieved July 15, 2011.
- "Pacific Rim: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack". WaterTower Music. Retrieved 2013-07-16.