Prison (1988 film)
|Directed by||Renny Harlin|
|Produced by||Charles Band
|Written by||Irwin Yablans
C. Courtney Joyner
|Music by||Richard Band
Christopher L. Stone
|Edited by||Andy Horvitch|
|Distributed by||Empire Pictures|
|March 4, 1988|
|Box office||$354,704 (US)|
In 1964, inmate Charlie Forsythe swallowed 60,000 volts of electricity for a murder he did not commit.
When Creedmore Prison is reopened after thirty years, it has not been standing empty. Charlie Forsythe is back – still charged with electric heat. Waiting for Eaton Sharpe (Lane Smith) – the man who stood by as Forsythe rode the electric chair.
Forsythe quickly makes up for lost time as his vengeance rises to a fever pitch of violent fury. Burke (Viggo Mortensen) and the other inmates soon realize that they will all be slaughtered unless Forsythe is allowed to repay his long-standing debt. With the lives of Creedmore in the balance, Sharpe and Forsythe are finally brought face-to-rotting-face in a duel that will pit Forsythe's supernatural rage against Sharpe's bloodthirsty instinct for survival.
- Chelsea Field as Katherine Walker
- Lane Smith as Warden Eaton Sharpe
- Arlen Dean Snyder as Captain Carl Horton
- Hal Landon Jr. as Wallace
- Matt Kanen as Johnson
- Viggo Mortensen as Burke/Charlie Forsythe
- Lincoln Kilpatrick as Cresus
- Tom Everett as Rabbitt
- Ivan Kane as Joe 'Lasagna' Lazano
- André DeShields as Sandor
- Tommy Lister as Tiny
- Stephen Little as 'Rhino' Reynolds
- Mickey Yablans as Brian Young
- Larry Jenkins as Hershey
- Kane Hodder as Charlie Forsythe
- Joseph Garcia as inmate getting hair cut
The film was released in 1988 on VHS by New World Pictures. It had originally been released on DVD overseas, but not in the United States, save for bootlegs. However, on February 19, 2013, Shout! Factory released the first official Blu-ray Disc and DVD and the first through their new subdivision Scream Factory.
- "Prison". The Numbers. Retrieved 2011-07-23.
|This article about a 1980s horror film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|