From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Examples of prison blogs
- New Zealand
- Thai Prison Life a collection of blogs and articles relating the experience of life in Thailand's many overcrowded prisons.
- United Kingdom
- Ben's Prison Blog written by Ben Gunn, imprisoned in Sudbury (HM Prison), Derbyshire, England, 2009–2012. Since his release, Ben has continued his blog.
- Anarch*ish* written by Jonathan May-Bowles, serving 6-week sentence for throwing a pie in Rupert Murdoch's face, 2011
- Tommy Sheridan, in Barlinnie prison, Glasgow
- Adam Mac: blogging behind bars written by Adam Mac, imprisoned in Wakefield (HM Prison). A recent blogger (2013) who still had to fight for the right to blog, years after other prisoners had won this right.
- Prison UK: an Insider's View written by Alex Cavendish, an ex-prisoner who was released in March 2014. The blog was launched in July 2014.
- United States
"On the Inside" http://paulmodrowski.blogspot.com by Paul Modrowski, an autistic man serving life without parole at Stateville prison in Illinois.
- Leigh Sprague's Diary of a Wimpy Con written by Leigh Sprague, currently serving a sentence in a federal prison camp in California for a non-violent white-collar crime. The posts document his journey through the criminal justice system, from initial charges to indictment to sentencing as well as his experiences in prison and his outspoken views in regard to the prison-industrial complex and mass incarceration
- Behind Prison Walls written by William D. Hastings, serving a 19-year sentence for a violent crime.
- Jon's Jail Journal written by Shaun Attwood
- Between the Bars (blog), a blog platform for prisoners in the U.S.A. without internet access
- The Mind of Maurice Clarett, written by Maurice Clarett while in prison in Ohio, 2008-2010
- Running in Place written by Charlie Engle, serving 21-month sentence in Beaver, West Virginia, for mortgage fraud, 2011–present
- Justin's Blog, written by Justin Paperny while in the privately managed Taft Federal Prison Camp, California, 2008-2009
- Live From Lockdown, blog written by various inmates in the Federal prison system, including highly influential gang-leaders and those held in solitary confinement, Current
- Sebastian Matkey. Blogging Behind Bars: How Prison Blogs Revived Prison Literature in the United States. Munich: GRIN Verlag, 2011
- Colin Espiner. Prison blog ban ruled out. The Press (Christchurch, New Zealand), August 1, 2006.
- Parmy Olson. Prison Blogger Reveals Christmas Day Menu Behind Bars. Forbes, 12/24/2010
- Patrick Kingsley. The pie man and the prison blog. The Guardian (London), August 16, 2011
- Release threat ends Sheridan's prison blog. Sunday Mail (UK), June 19, 2011.
- Dean Herbert. Probe over jailed Sheridan's website blog. The Express (Scottish ed.), Feb. 7, 2011.
- Shaun Attwood. Hard Time: A Brit in America's Toughest Jail. Mainstream Publishing Company, Limited, 2010.
- Pomona College. Introduction to Digital Media Studies blog entry, March 3, 2009
- Joe Nocera. In Prison For Taking A Liar Loan. New York Times, March 26, 2011.
- Denise Allabaugh. Former Ponzi schemer recalls greed-fueled life. Citizens Voice (Wilkes-Barre, PA), April 20, 2010