|Town of Pritchett, Colorado|
Location in Baca County and the state of Colorado
|• Type||Statutory Town|
|• Total||0.2 sq mi (0.6 km2)|
|• Land||0.2 sq mi (0.6 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||4,833 ft (1,473 m)|
|• Density||601/sq mi (231.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Mountain (MST) (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|GNIS feature ID||0196216|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.2 square miles (0.52 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 137 people, 58 households, and 40 families residing in the town. The population density was 600.2 people per square mile (230.0/km²). There were 79 housing units at an average density of 346.1 per square mile (132.6/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 97.08% White, 2.19% Native American, and 0.73% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.46% of the population.
There were 58 households out of which 36.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 53.4% were married couples living together, 12.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 31.0% were non-families. 27.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 19.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.36 and the average family size was 2.93.
In the town the population was spread out with 28.5% under the age of 18, 4.4% from 18 to 24, 27.0% from 25 to 44, 19.7% from 45 to 64, and 20.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 39 years. For every 100 females there were 95.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 88.5 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $19,750, and the median income for a family was $25,625. Males had a median income of $17,917 versus $15,625 for females. The per capita income for the town was $10,876. There were 9.1% of families and 14.6% of the population living below the poverty line, including 16.0% of under eighteens and 3.2% of those over 64.
The film The Hi-Lo Country, a 1998 drama/western film directed by Stephen Frears, starring Billy Crudup, Woody Harrelson, Cole Hauser, Sam Elliott, Patricia Arquette, Penélope Cruz and Enrique Castillo, was filmed in part in the town of Pritchett.
- Outline of Colorado
- State of Colorado
- "Active Colorado Municipalities". State of Colorado, Department of Local Affairs. Retrieved 2007-09-01.
- "Colorado Municipal Incorporations". State of Colorado, Department of Personnel & Administration, Colorado State Archives. 2004-12-01. Retrieved 2007-09-02.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Pritchett town, Colorado". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved September 26, 2013.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pritchett, Colorado.|