PrivatAir is a private airline business, headquartered at Geneva International Airport in Meyrin, Switzerland and has 333 employees. Its clients include royalty, celebrities and captains of industry, as well as other international airlines.
In March 2001 the PrivatAir Group was formed. Also in March 2001, the PrivatAir Group gained ETOPS 180 minutes and FAA 129 Foreign Carrier approval as a designated carrier under the US-Switzerland bilateral "open skies" agreement. These approvals allow the company to offer the most direct routes across the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans and unlimited operations to the US. At the time, PrivatAir was the only ad hoc commercial charter operator in the world with these approvals.
In February 2002, PrivatAir completed the construction of its private terminal in Geneva where its headquarters are now based. The new "C3" terminal is a joint venture between PrivatAir and Geneva International Airport and offers a full range of VIP passenger services to PrivatAir's customers. In May 2003, PrivatAir and Swissport created the joint company PrivatPort, which is an executive jet handling business.
In October 2003, German subsidiary PrivatAir Germany GmbH, Düsseldorf, gained JAR – 145 approval from the German civil aviation authority, giving the company more autonomy and flexibility within the framework of its operations on behalf of Lufthansa and Airbus.
Over the years PrivatAir operated scheduled services on behalf of the following airlines:
- Lufthansa from June 2002 – Present
- ECAir from September 2011 – Present
- SWISS from January 2005 - March 2012
- KLM from October 2005 - October 2011
- Gulf Air from March 2011 - June 2012
- SAS from September 2014
The leading corporate jet alliance, AirClub, was founded in Geneva in October 2012. AirClub currently has nine members: ACM Air Charter, Air Alsie, AIR HAMBURG, Corporatejets, FLYINGGROUP, GlobeAir, London Executive Aviation, Masterjet and PrivatAir.
PrivatAir is made up of three key divisions: Scheduled Services, Business Aviation  (Aircraft Management, Aircraft Charter, Aircraft Sales, PrivatJetFuel, Ground Services) and PrivatTraining and has operating bases in Frankfurt Airport (Germany), Geneva International Airport (Switzerland) and Maya-Maya Airport Brazzaville (Republic of the Congo).
PrivatAir specialises in scheduled and charter flights using mid-sized, long-range jets.
PrivatAir's Business Aviation department is designed to provide every aspect of service surrounding any aviation needs covering Aircraft Management, Aircraft Sales & Acquisitions, Aircraft Charter, AirClub (leading corporate jet alliance), PrivatJetFuel (Fuel Management) and Ground Services (PrivatPort).
PrivatTraining are a specialist in-house training department focusing on safety, security and service in the industry. They also provide training for private jet operators, offering tailored programmes designed to help other private jet operators fulfil their regulatory obligations.
- Brazzaville - Maya-Maya Airport Base
- Cotonou - Cadjehoun Airport
- Douala - Douala Airport
- Dubai - Dubai International Airport 
- Oyo - Oyo Ollombo Airport
- Paris - Charles de Gaulle Airport
- Pointe Noire - Pointe Noire Airport
- Dammam - King Fahd International Airport
- Frankfurt - Frankfurt Airport Base
- Pune - Pune International Airport
||0||12||108||120||operated for EC Air|
||operated for EC Air|
|Boeing 737 BBJ1||
||0||44||0||44||operated for Scandinavian Airlines|
|Boeing 737 BBJ2||
||0||32||60||92||operated for Lufthansa|
||0||16||132||148||operated for EC Air|
||0||TBA||0||TBA||Plus 5 options|
- "Company History". PrivatAir. Retrieved 2011-02-18.
- Mario Kossmann (30 October 2006). Delivering excellent service quality in aviation: a practical guide for internal and external service providers. Ashgate Publishing, Ltd. pp. 19–. ISBN 978-0-7546-4725-6. Retrieved 18 February 2011.
- Nawal K. Taneja (2003). Airline survival kit: breaking out of the zero profit game. Ashgate Publishing, Ltd. pp. 117–. ISBN 978-0-7546-3452-2. Retrieved 18 February 2011.
- PrivatAir: Current Services
- PrivatAir: Business Aviation
- PrivatAir: PrivatTraining
- Privatair - Current Services
- PrivatAir Official fleet page, retrieved Jan. 20, 2012.
- CH-Aviation page for PrivatAir, retrieved 9 January 2014
- "PrivatAir signs for up to 10 CS100s". Flightglobal. 2012-01-20.
Media related to PrivatAir at Wikimedia Commons