|Genres||Europop, synthpop, dance-pop|
I AM PRIVATE
PRIVATE is a pop music group formed in 2006 by Danish producer/singer Thomas Troelsen, along with guitarist Asger Tarpgaard and vocalist Tanja Simonsen, and is currently a solo project by Troelsen. PRIVATE's debut album “My Secret Lover” was produced and recorded by Troelsen and mixed by Jason Boshoff (Basement Jaxx). The first single, of the same title, achieved Gold sales in Denmark and reached #1 on the Danish singles, radio, and download charts. "My Secret Lover" was released in the UK on 17 January 2010 on Virgin Records with remixes by Diplo, Egyptian Lover, Spencer & Hill, and Rune RK.
PRIVATE's debut received attention from a number of influential blogs including Perezhilton.com, Arjanwrites.com and the UK's Popjustice, who called the single "completely hypnotic and brilliant." The band has also been featured in Dazed & Confused, NME, Attitude, The Guardian, and Monocle. On his blog, Diplo—who remixed "My Secret Lover"—called PRIVATE "the best current pop music group in the world."
The Spencer & Hill remix of the track was featured on Friday Floor Fillers with Scott Mills on BBC's Radio 1. The track was also Record of the Week on Scott Mills' show on 7 December 2009 and Nick Grimshaw's show in September 2009.
On September 3, 2012, PRIVATE released “Everywhere,” a single featuring Genasis of G-Unit Records on Universal Music Denmark. The release features remixes by MSTRKRFT, Sun Airway, Its Overture, DJ Woody, Flemming Dalum, Shoe Scene Symphony, Aylen, and Kannamix. Perez Hilton premiered the release and it was further profiled by Popjustice, Arjan Writes, and Interview Magazine.
|Year||Title||DK Album chart||Certifications|
|2007||My Secret Lover
|2013||"Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be"
|2007||"My Secret Lover"||1||1||My Secret Lover|
|2007||"Crucify My Heart"||4||1|
|2008||"We Got Some Breaking Up to Do"|
|2008||"Killer on the Dancefloor"|
- "Listen To This: Raspberry Beret!!!". Perezhilton.com. 2012-08-30. Retrieved 7 February 2014.
- "Private – ‘Everywhere’ (feat Genasis)". Popjustice.com. 2 September 2012. Retrieved 7 February 2014.
- Holmund, Marcus (9/3/2012). "PRIVATE'S 'EVERYWHERE' MAKES IT POP". Interview Magazine. Retrieved 7 February 2014. Check date values in:
- "Private Unleashes New Single 'Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be' [Review]". Arjan Writes. 13 April 2013. Retrieved 7 February 2014.
- "Private – ‘Hell Ain’t A Bad Place To Be’". Popjustice. 12 April 2013. Retrieved 7 February 2014.