Private housing estates in Sha Tin District
The following is a list of private housing estates in Sha Tin District, Hong Kong.
- 1 Tai Wai
- 2 Sha Tin
- 3 Fo Tan
- 4 Ma On Shan
- 5 References
Festival City (名城) is the largest private housing estate in Tai Wai. It is a HK$20 billion residential-commercial development project by Cheung Kong and MTR Corporation. It is located above the Tai Wai (Station) Maintenance Centre, next to Tai Wai Station, which is the interchange station between the East Rail Line and Ma On Shan Line of the MTR metro system. The site was formerly occupied by a football court and public bicycle park. However the government needed to build the Ma On Shan Line Depot in 2000, forcing the demolition of all of the facilities.
Festival City was built in three phases from 2007 to 2012. It consists of 12 buildings, a 620,000 square feet of clubhouse and a landscape podium. Phase I was completed in September 2010, Phase II in October 2011, and Phase III in August 2012. The plan was to build 12 50-stories high residential towers with a total construction area of 313,955 square meters as well as 25,890 square meters for the general public's use. It offers 4,264 flats to families, two schools and one community facility. This residential project raised the population of Tai Wai significantly. The controversy of this project is that the 12 towers would create an urban heat island effect and block off the air flow of the area. Many people criticize that housing estate is a walled-buildings and it makes Tai Wai lack of public open space and community facilities in nowadays.
Man Lai Court
Man Lai Court (文禮閣) is a private housing estate in Tai Wai, near the waterfront of Shing Mun River and Tai Wai Station, which is the interchange station between the East Rail Line and Ma On Shan Line of the MTR metro system. Formerly the Tai Wai Staff Quarters of the Kowloon–Canton Railway Corporation, it consists of 4 buildings developed in 1990 and 1993 respectively by Cheung Kong Holdings.
City One is the largest private residential estate in Sha Tin District. There are a total of 52 blocks of residential buildings. Each tower is about 30 stories with units ranging from 389 square feet (36.7 square meters) to an area of 1018 square feet (94.6 square meters) with different floor plans.
Sha Tin Centre
Wai Wah Centre
Sha Tin Plaza
- Garden Rivera (河畔花園)
Belair Gardens (富豪花園) is a private housing estate located at 52 Tai Chung Kiu Road, Sha Tin. It stands on the banks of the Shing Mun River, next to Yuen Chau Kok. There is also a shopping mall, bowling centre, and a car park. It has 14 blocks, each block beginning with a different letter of the alphabet:
|English Name||Number of Rooms per Floor||Number of Floors|
Castello (Chinese: 帝堡城), in Siu Lek Yuen, was developed by Sun Hung Kai Properties and designed by D. Heung & Associates. The design of the development is influenced by European castles, hence the name Castello and the iconic castellation as an architectural feature at the top of the towers and the podium. Construction work finished in December 1999. It consists of eight residential blocks with 32 floors. The tower blocks are built on top of four levels of podium which contain residential car parks and clubhouse facilities. Each block has eight flats on each floor, except Block 5 with seven flats . The flat sizes range from 718 to 1,107 square feet (66.7 to 102.8 m2). Flat efficiency rate is at 83%. The smallest flats provide two bedrooms, while the biggest have three bedrooms, including one en-suite and an extra store room with toilet facilities accessed through the kitchen.
The estate is managed by Kai Shing Management Services Limited, a subsidiary company of the developer. The management fee for each flat is HKD1.39 per square foot per month. The management of the estate is also monitored and supervised by a Residents' Committee elected by residents.
The Palazzo (御龍山) is a private housing estate in Fo Tan, located near Fo Tan Station and right next to Sha Tin Racecourse. It comprises 10 high-rise buildings, offering a total of 1,375 units. Formerly Ho Tung Lau, it was developed by Sino Land and MTR Corporation in 2009.
Ma On Shan
Villa Athena is a private housing estate in Ma On Shan. It is located at 600 Sai Sha Road, five minutes walk from the Ma On Shan MTR station and bus interchange, and shopping centres. It was completed in 1994. It consists of 10 residential towers of 27 storeys. Each storey has four flats, two of 1,068 sq.ft., and two of 901 sq.ft. The top floor of each tower has larger flats (1,848 sq.ft.). In total, the private housing estate contains 1,180 flats.
The estate was built by Sun Hung Kai Properties. Villa Athena has a free residential bus service to Sunshine City and Shatin. All rooms in the larger flats have sea view. Villa Athena has the highest gross size to net size ratio in Ma On Shan, at 81.5% (compared to 80.5% for Vista Paradiso (see below), 77.5% for Monte Vista, 76% for Sunshine City and 74.5% for Bayshore Tower).
Vista Paradiso was completed in 1998. It consists of 11 residential towers, with number of floors ranging from 29 to 37. In total, the private housing estate contains 2,032 flats. Buyers showed renewed interest in Vista Paradiso in 2006 due to its proximity to newly opened international schools.
Monte Vista was completed in 2000, and consists of 12 residential towers. Each tower has 37 floors. In total, the private housing estate contains 1,606 flats. 100 units were sold in the first day of public sales in April 2000, the second-highest first-day sales figure for a property development so far that year after The Waterfront. In two days in July, 108 units were sold; 3-bedroom units were especially popular among property buyers. Transaction prices were in the range of HK$3,200 to HK$3,600 per square foot. By the following year, three dual-level penthouse suites remained unsold, and were being offered by the developer at an average price of HK$4,718 per square foot.
Double Cove (Chinese: 迎海) is a large private housing estate under construction in Wu Kai Sha, near Wu Kai Sha Station and Whitehead camp. When fully completed, it will comprise 21 housing blocks offering 3,500 flats. The developers are Henderson Land and New World Development.
The housing blocks are arranged around a large clubhouse and a two-storey shopping arcade called Double Cove Place (Chinese: 迎海薈). A walkway, open 24-hours, runs the length of the site connecting to the MTR station and the public transport interchange.
- "KCRC receives 11 tenders for Tai Wai Maintenance Centre property development project". Kowloon-Canton Railway Corporation. 2006-03-17. Retrieved 2008-09-25.[dead link]
- "Developers vie for West Rail site". The Standard Finance. 2007-04-27. Retrieved 2008-09-25.
- "Sha Tin (沙田)" (PDF). Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "Man Lai Court". Gohome.com.hk. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- Shatin Lucky Plaza[dead link]
- "好運中心 Lucky Plaza (Chinese)". Cybersearch.midland.com.hk. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "Goodwill Management Limited". Hld.com. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "沙田中心 Shatin Centre (Chinese Version)". Cybersearch.midland.com.hk. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "Shatin Centre". Gohome.com.hk. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "偉華中心 Wai Wah Centre (Chinese Version)". Cybersearch.midland.com.hk. 15 March 2011. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "Shatin". Properties28.com. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- Shatin, Hong Kong[dead link]
- "Henderson Land Development" (PDF). Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "Belair Gardens Official Site". Belair.org.hk. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- According to the resident's handbook of Belair Gardens, pg. 7
- "Official website of the Palazzo". Thepalazzo.hk. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "The Palazzo". Sino-land.com. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "Lavishness and Opulence – The Palazzo, Hong Kong". Iluxuryasia.com. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "The Palazzo". Gohome.com.hk. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- Official website of Villa Athena
- "Vista Paradiso on". Emporis.com. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "Hong Kong Property: Vista Paridiso". Hkp.com.hk. 14 October 2009. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "Huntchinson Whampoa Limited: Property Development". Hutchison-whampoa.com. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "國際學校招生效應聽濤雅苑交投大增/International schools enrolling students, causes big jump in Vista Paradiso transactions", Wen Wei Po, 29 July 2006, retrieved 9 October 2009
- "Lake Silver, Sino Group". Sino-land.com. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "Profile of Monte Vista". Hk.realestate.yahoo.com. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "Information page for Vista Paradiso". Hk.realestate.yahoo.com. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "Official website of Monte Vista". Ckh.com.hk. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- Yeung, Kar-ming (12 April 2000), "翠擁100單位首日售罄/Monte Vista sells 100 units on first day", Sing Tao Daily, retrieved 9 October 2009
- Tso, Sze-wan (17 July 2000), "翠擁及信和「孖盤」三房熱銷/Monte Vista and Sino Lake Silver three-bedroom units selling well", Sing Tao Daily, retrieved 9 October 2009
- "翠擁空中花園貨尾呎價4718/Monte Vista mid-air garden unsold units, $4718 per sq. ft.", Sing Tao Daily
- Lake Silver[dead link]
- "Baycrest". Retrieved 2 September 2014.
- "Double Cove". Retrieved 2 September 2014.