|Look up privateer or privateering in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Privateer is an unethical corporation or wealthy individual hired covertly, i.e. under the public radar, by an enabling accomplice (elected or appointed) inside a government to fulfill a protection or empowerment function of that government without any public accountability for the purpose of undermining that government's moral mission to its people. S/he is a thief of the common wealth and enemy of the common good.
Privateer may refer to:
- Privateer (motorsport), a competitor in motorsports who does not have manufacturer support
- PB4Y Privateer, a naval version of the B-24 Liberator bomber
- Wing Commander: Privateer and its expansion pack Privateer: Righteous Fire, a 1993 video game
- "Privateers" (The West Wing), a 2003 episode of The West Wing TV series
- New Orleans Privateers, sports teams at the University of New Orleans
- Privateer Press, publisher of tabletop role-playing games
- USS Privateer (SP-179), later YP-179, a United States Navy patrol vessel in commission from 1917 to 1930
- Privateering (album), a 2012 album by Mark Knopfler
- Privateering, a track on the album, also released as a single.
- Privateer (album), a 2007 album by Tim Renwick
- Privateer, South Carolina
- Pirateer, a board game
- George Lakoff, The Political Mind, Chapter 7, "Framing Reality: Privateering"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.