Priya Cinema (Kolkata)
Priya Cinema logo
Location in Kolkata
|Address||95, Rash Behari Avenue Kolkata, West Bengal 700029|
|Town or city||Kolkata|
|Owner||Priya Entertainments Pvt. Ltd|
Priya Cinema is a uniplex cinema hall situated in Rashbehari Avenue, near Deshapriya Park, Kolkata, West Bengal, India. The management is run by Priya Entertainments Pvt. Ltd. under the leadership of the managing director Arijit Dutta. Kaushik Dasgupta is in charge of Operations and maintenance. This is one of the first cinema halls in eastern India to have features like DTS/ Dolby Theatre system, Xenon Christie projector, push back seats and QUBE digital projection system.
The house of Priya Entertainments began its journey in the 60s with producing widely acclaimed films like Goopy Gyne Bagha Byne, Aranyer Dinratri, Pratidwandi directed by Satyajit Ray, Hatey Bazarey directed by Tapan Sinha and Chhuti-the first film directed by Arundhati Devi. It also produced many other films including Bonojyotsna, Saraswatir Pratigya and Kalochhaya.
Many of these films have won major national and international awards adding to the glory and heritage of this prestigious production house. Hatey Bajare won President's Gold Medal Award in 1967. Goopy Gyne Bagha Byne won a no. of awards in India and abroad including Best Direction Award, India (1968), Best Film Award, India, Silver Cross[disambiguation needed], Adelaide and Best Director[disambiguation needed], Auckland in 1969, Merit Award, Tokyo, Best Film[disambiguation needed], Melbourne and President's Gold and Silver Medals, New Delhi in 1970. Aranyer Dinratri was nominated for Best Director Award Golden Bear in Berlin International Film Festival 1n 1970. Pratidwandi won the Best Direction Award and Best Screenplay Award in India in 1971.
Priya Entertainments also has the rare distinction of winning President's Gold Award for Best Producer for three years on the trot.
Film premières in Priya Cinema
Several film premières have been organized in Priya Cinema–
- Goynar Baksho
- Abar Byomkesh
- Bhooter Bhabishyat
- Charuulata 2011
- Nobel Chor
- Royal Bengal Rahasya
- Gosainbaganer Bhoot
- Baishe Srabon
- Rang Milanti
- Ami Subhash Bolchi
- Uro Chithi
- Jiyo Kaka
- Ranjana Ami Ar Ashbona
- "Priya Cinema Hall". One India. Retrieved 20 August 2012.
- "Priya Cinema (Rash Behari Avenue) theatre". No More Queue (website). Retrieved 20 August 2012.
- "In sylvan surroundings". Telegraph Calcutta (Calcutta, India). Sunday, November 20, 2005. Retrieved 21 August 2012.
- "Priya Cinema History". Priya Cinema. Retrieved 20 August 2012.
- "Star studded affair at Muktodhara premiere". Times of India. Aug 7, 2012. Retrieved 20 August 2012.
- "Gosain Baganer bhoot". Telegraph Calcutta (Calcutta, India). Tuesday , December 13, 2011. Retrieved 20 August 2012.
- Puts, T2 (Monday , September 12, 2011). "Rang Milanti Premiere". Telegraph Calcutta (Calcutta, India). Retrieved 20 August 2012.
- "Comic-crime caper". Telegraph Calcutta (Calcutta, India). Tuesday , February 15, 2011. Retrieved 20 August 2012.